Dual layer 16x DVD burners prices to be slashed soon

I just posted the article Dual layer 16x DVD burners prices to be slashed soon.

Looks like we can expect some deals coming our way for certain DVD burners. According to DigiTimes this morning, they are saying by the end of the 3rd quarter, prices are going…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/12101-Dual-layer-16x-DVD-burners-prices-to-be-slashed-soon.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/12101-Dual-layer-16x-DVD-burners-prices-to-be-slashed-soon.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

good for us

who need 18X anyways

Only the companies really, to milk every last cent out of the dvd burning market before people move onto higher capacity formats.

Hey I’ll take it, I still remember paying ~ $1500 for my 2x CD burner with the required SCSI controller back in the day… :slight_smile:
[edited by ivid on 18.07.2006 15:12]

I Would be willing to pay double if they made these with Quality parts that would last.

How about a dual layer MEDIA price slash.

I must agree that I am more anxious to see DL media at 50 cents or less. :d

Great…a day after I just bought a Pioneer 111 to replace my aging and almost non-functional Pioneer 106D

Great, then I can replace this BenQ 1655 I can’t stand. Why did I get rid of my trusty NEC 3550? Argggh.

At the rate of increased performance and greater price reductions I predict that by next year new devices will be obsolete and over-priced in a week. I don’t think this is sustainable. p.s. I think quality has suffered though. My new Pioneer DVR-A09XL will not write at 8X or greater any more (I changed the 80 pin wire too) and I’ve only had it a few months.

I remember whenone of the big companies (I forget which one, even though I had just bought the recorder. It let you write on the unused portion of the disk.) got out of the CDRW business because they said that the prices for the units had dropped so much that they weren’t making money on them. That was years ago, when the prices were still above $100. I don’t know how any company is making money on these, considering that inflation has also taken a toll.