Dual core AMD V/S duo core intel v/s intel i3?

vbimport

ok, im not very techie w/ computers

i saw a

1. emachine t4400 laptop,3gb,250 gb for $319.99
  2. toshiba duo core amd m300,3gb,320gb for $379.99
  3. ASUS intel i3,4GB, 500GB for $400.00

how much better is the i3 to the t4400 or the amd version?

About this
|—|
(not to scale)

Explain what you want to know
//Danne

[QUOTE=avaras2002;2528430]ok, im not very techie w/ computers

i saw a

how much better is the i3 to the t4400 or the amd version?[/QUOTE]

Besides being just everyday computing you won’t see much difference in any difference of the laptop models. But intel laptop cpu seems to do better in power management to keep the battery to the longest usage hours. Beyond that if your going to play game that is when the laptop will make more difference. But since what your going for is everyday computing the less expensive model will do but I would double check before buyig emachines…I would first look at the lower priced brand name models…and as anything check what is inside the laptop to see if it has what you want. Sometimes to cheap in laptop makes compromise in hardware configuration so look and read over and research your laptop.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2528457]Besides being just everyday computing you won’t see much difference in any difference of the laptop models. But intel laptop cpu seems to do better in power management to keep the battery to the longest usage hours. Beyond that if your going to play game that is when the laptop will make more difference. But since what your going for is everyday computing the less expensive model will do but I would double check before buyig emachines…I would first look at the lower priced brand name models…and as anything check what is inside the laptop to see if it has what you want. Sometimes to cheap in laptop makes compromise in hardware configuration so look and read over and research your laptop.[/QUOTE]

i would use it to play online games on POGO.COM, burn dvds and cds, watch movies and use while i’m on the road. battery is a issue but i don’t want a netbook.

[QUOTE=avaras2002;2528461]i would use it to play online games on POGO.COM, burn dvds and cds, watch movies and use while i’m on the road. battery is a issue but i don’t want a netbook.[/QUOTE]If battery is an issue, then look for a CULV laptop. Acer’s Timeline series for example, Asus offers a similar product range.

Michael

[QUOTE=avaras2002;2528430]ok, im not very techie w/ computers

i saw a

how much better is the i3 to the t4400 or the amd version?[/QUOTE]

I would get the i3…

i3 is worth it even though you may/may not notice the difference… :slight_smile:
//Danne