Dual channel Xvid avi to single channel DivX/Xvid avi?

vbimport

So I have a toshiba dvd player that is DivX compatible. I love it. It’s so nice using just cds. Now I’ve come across an Xvid avi with dual audio channels, two different languages. I’m not sure how to tell if my dvd player is gonna give me the option to choose a language or since it’s xvid just play both languages at the same time like some video players have been doing on my computer (until i got VLC media player, that one’s great). I’m kinda guessing that since xvid is only compatible with divx players in limited cases it’s just not going to support it that far so instead of just trying it, what I’ve been doing is looking for a video encoder that will let me copy this video into another avi with just one of the channels, but every single one I try using for that (Vidomi, virtualdub…) does not give me the option to pick a single channel to copy. Vidomi will acknowledge that there are two channels, but it copies both and doesn’t give any options to change that. Any insight/experience greatly appreciated. I’ve been mowing over this a little while now and i’m not quite ready to throw away a cd over it just yet. Cds getting scarce.

Welcome to CD Freaks.

VirtualDubMod will enable you to remove one of the streams & resave.

Open the file & go to Streams & then Stream List. Here you can disable one of the streams. Click OK.

Now on Video , click Direct Stream Copy.

Then "save as " with a new file name.

AWESOME. Thankyou very much.

Thanks a lot man… :bow::bow::bow:

but i have movie with one stream and having russian commentry it has english audio also. how i remove russian commentry

[QUOTE=niksri4;2594845]but i have movie with one stream and having russian commentry it has english audio also. how i remove russian commentry[/QUOTE]
You don’t, unless the English is in one speaker and the Russian the other. If they are mixed together you can’t (practically) separate them.