DU-8A5LH slim drive

vbimport

Is it good for burning and/or testing?
Regards

First scan at 8x, disc burned at 8x, too.

The same disc. Second run at 4x. What do you think about?

Not a very good burn but acceptable for general use. The quality of recordable discs and burner drives has decreased nowadays due in part to manufacture cost down.

[QUOTE=sanyolc;2782719]Not a very good burn but acceptable for general use.[/QUOTE]
The low quality disc was used to test the recorder and its testing functions. The results of burning quality test are significantly better at higher speed (8x). Strange, isn’t?

[QUOTE=AlKwas;2782729]The low quality disc was used to test the recorder and its testing functions. The results of burning quality test are significantly better at higher speed (8x). Strange, isn’t?[/QUOTE]
Not strange at all. The write strategy of modern burner drives is optimized to burn at high speed, so are recordable discs.

Did you try burning a CD?b

[QUOTE=sanyolc;2782753]Not strange at all. The write strategy of modern burner drives is optimized to burn at high speed, so are recordable discs.[/QUOTE]

The problem isn’t write strategy or write speed but the speed of disc quality test. The same disc was used in both tests - at 8x and 4x speed.

[QUOTE=sanyolc;2782754]Did you try burning a CD?b[/QUOTE]

Not yet.

Do you known it use what type of chipset ?

Why it can’t show jitter ?

[QUOTE=rainydiary;2782776]Do you known it use what type of chipset ?
[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately not.

[QUOTE=rainydiary;2782776]Why it can’t show jitter ?[/QUOTE]
I checked this option, but the test was not performed.

[QUOTE=AlKwas;2782781]Unfortunately not.

I checked this option, but the test was not performed.[/QUOTE]

If the smart burn was able to disable through smart burn tool it might be used mediatek chipset.

You could check it with smart burn tool :

http://www.liteonodd.com/en/service-support/download/cat_view/44-/54-

Definitely MTK chipset. The DU in model number means “DVD Ultra-Thin”. It’s a 9.5mm height drive.

Have you tried the overburn (burnermax) payload ? I saw that Team-Xecuter said that a few of the similar PCB’s in the DS form factor (12.7mm vs 9.5mm) are compatible…

Slimtype DS-8A3S
Slimtype DS-8A5SH
Slimtype DS-8A8SH

So unless the laser is incapable of seeking to overburn to 8.7GB…I don’t know if it wouldn’t be capable of burnermax payload to overburn DVD+R DL!

If you’d let me know your experience with trying to run the payload through imgburn or by searching the BurnerMax payload and seeing what it say I’d appreciate it, otherwise I think I’m going to order one and just try it myself.

The scans of the same disc, different drives.

By the way - the best scan is from DH20A3H at 4x, except the peak of PIF (not always occurs). What do you think about?

I think the DH20A3 series was the first LiteOn series where 8x scanning was recommended – because it required less time & came closer to agreeing with other drives.

It looks like the DU-8A5LH is fairly close to other drives, so you’re probably good to use it for scanning.

[QUOTE=Albert;2783367]I think the DH20A3 series was the first LiteOn series where 8x scanning was recommended – because it required less time & came closer to agreeing with other drives.[/QUOTE]
I think the maximum scanning speed is limited by the quality of the drive, but lower speed will produce better results than maximum speed. Why at the lower speed the results are worse?

[QUOTE=AlKwas;2783398]I think the maximum scanning speed is limited by the quality of the drive, but lower speed will produce better results than maximum speed. Why at the lower speed the results are worse?[/QUOTE]

They’re not really worse.

It is just the way that particular drives reads a disc.

Here, there is not that much difference. The overall trend is the same. You can tell that the disc is OK – not great, not bad.

OK, but the difference in PIE (410000 to 287000) is significant. I expected smaller differences. The 8x speed is OK.
Regards,
AK