DS0F - Can't enable DMA

I flashed my LTD-166S from DS0B to DS0F. Previously, my DVD drive is named as JLMS LTD-166S (DSoB). Now, it is named as JLMS XJ-HD166S (DS0F). The flashing process went on smoothly without any problems.

Now, When I open Nero Info Tool, DMA is off for my DVD drive. I try to enable DMA from the Device Manager by choosing ‘DMA if available’ but the drive is still stuck on PIO mode even if I choose ‘DMA if available’. With DS0B, I can enable DMA for this drive.

I have selected UATA mode for my DVD drive from BIOS but still working on PIO mode in Windows XP. Is it something wrong with the firmware or i have flashed a bad ROM for my DVD-ROM? Do I need to flash it back to DS0B ? Currently, the drive is working well except for the DMA problem.

Hi,

Have you tried this one yet ?

Originally posted by KennyC

Do this, it has worked for me and many others, I found this out by mistake ages ago.

Goto in WinXP:

Right-click My Computer and select:

Properities/Hardware/Device Manager/IDE ATA-ATAPI controllers

I’m not sure if it matters as never needed to test as mine always set to it, but under Transfer Mode, make sure it is set to DMA if available and select OK.

Then go back in and DELETE the channel that your LiteON is connected to by Right-click and select Uninstall.

Re-Boot and it should be fine.

P.S. You can do the same for your DVD-Rom.

Cheerz :slight_smile: :smiley: :wink:

Ok, thanks. I’ll try this and whether I can enable DMA or not.

Thanks ! I have solved the problem.

liteonmania

After flashing my 166s to DS0F I am now in UDMA mode 2 instead of 3. I didn’t change any cables of bios setting, just the firmware and upon booting up, I see that the drive is listed as UDMA 2 … where can I get an older bios for this?

I thought LTD 166S supports up to UDMA 2 only. My mobo support maximum UDMA 2 so I have no idea.

Anyway, I think there is no use using UDMA 2 or 3 because the maximum tranfer rate is only around 22 MB/s and far below UDMA 2’s transfer rate.

nope I just got through reflashing my bios to ds0b and BANG its back to UDMA-3 here as well as in the BIOS