DRW1004IM Problems with OPTODISCOR4

Hello everybody,
I’v got a 1004IM with Firmware 050 and have burnt a Intenso DVD+R 1-4x. The mediacode of this media is OPTODISCOR4 and this is in the MID code list. But after checking it there are a lot of read errors in the area from 3.5 GB to the end.

How could this be possible? OPTODISCOR4 is in the MID-codes list.

Greetings from Germany,
Dirk

:a :a :a

Same thing happened to me using PRODISCG02 (in compatibility list). They are full of errors burnt either at 1x or at 2x speed using Nero 6.3.1.6.
Now I have maybe found a solution burning them with RecordNow Max 4.5 by Stomp.
Maybe you’d give it a try…

No burn - no kiss - no 2nd chance! :-)))

I gave them back to the Media Markt, where I have bought them. Then I bought a spindle of Platinum DVD+R 1-4x. I used this media before and it worked fine, and so now! :slight_smile:

But the question, especially to BTC, is how it could be possible that a media type that is in the MID-code’s list could make such trouble? That’s the thing I do not understand. :a

Best greetings from Germany
Dirk

Originally posted by dirk123
[B]No burn - no kiss - no 2nd chance! :-)))

I gave them back to the Media Markt, where I have bought them. Then I bought a spindle of Platinum DVD+R 1-4x. I used this media before and it worked fine, and so now! :slight_smile:

But the question, especially to BTC, is how it could be possible that a media type that is in the MID-code’s list could make such trouble? That’s the thing I do not understand. :a

Best greetings from Germany
Dirk [/B]

I would guess that it’s “fluctuations” in the actual production of those media … so the ones sold now are different to the ones that were used to test the FW? I don’t know ofc, just guessing …

I agree with Deadlink.
Media quality, even for discs with the same MID or sold with the same name, is very “fluctuating”. Many users are having this kind of issues even with RITEKG04 media.

Many thanks to Anarki and DeadLink!

Yes, that might be the reason.

Best greetings,
Dirk

Yes, a look at the newsstand in Germany will produce a number of magazines that have blank media quality tests in their pages this month. And the news is generally bad; apparently there are serious qualilty control issues with many of the manufacturers, even some of the big names. And you will never know (until it’s too late!) whether it was just one bad disc, a bad batch, or a bad manufacturer.

I just hope my hardware can make up for inconsistent disc quality…

Well dirk123, you have a lot o errors, but I can’t even write one of that OPTODISCOR4 (Intenso).

Very unhappy with my drive.
:a

I have an simple answer to Optodisc issues optodisc is simply the worst crap out there.
And it sucks that noone writes down the mid in the shop lol