DRW-24D3ST Scans Related Question

vbimport

Hello, I would like your opinion on those scans, please.

The DVD disc was burnt at 8x speed. I also have another question. I burned the above DVD using my old Nero Express 8 Essential software. It showed that the only available speeds are 16x and 8x.

Later, I downloaded the latest version of Nero (2015) and it showed I can burn at 16x,8x,4, and 2.5x. Though, my old Nero version is free from my old Sony drive and I do not want to pay for the newest version. Will my old Nero software be sufficient to burn my DVDs?

Thanks.

P.S. I originally wanted to buy the B5 Asus drive. Though, after going through lots of malls, I could not find it. So, I went for this one, since I needed a drive fast.

The scan is fine to me.

What available write speeds do you see in CD-DVD Speed? Those will be the actual write speeds available to you.

You should be able to use whatever software you desire without issue. :iagree:

[B]drive[/B], could you please try to make a firmware dump with DosFlash32 / DosFlash64 tool?

I assume that DRW-24D3ST 3.00 is an GH24NSC0 rebadge…

[QUOTE=Albert;2754131]The scan is fine to me.

What available write speeds do you see in CD-DVD Speed? Those will be the actually write speeds available to you.

You should be able to use whatever software you desire without issue. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for the information, Albert. In Nero CD-DVD Speed I get only 8-16x Speeds. Same with Nero Express 8 Essentials. Though, on newest Nero I get 4x too.

blackened2687, won’t that void my warranty? Also, must I do it from DOS?

[B]drive[/B], of course you will not lose your warranty - program will just read flash, not write.

DosFlash works under Windows (and even has a GUI :)) - it’s unknown will it work with this drive or not, but since drive has Mediatek chipset it probably should.

DOSFlash v2.0 with signed PortIO drivers (32 and 64 Bit) (uploaded by [B]Zak7[/B])

Tool is very simple to use - select your drive and press button to read flash.

If DosFlash will give an error, try to use special command line for DevilsClaw’s Flasher:

flasher -d [drive id] -l firmware.bin 6 00000000 00200000

Flasher can be downloaded here: https://github.com/devilsclaw/flasher/releases/tag/Current_Release

blackened2687, will that software work with my setup without issues. I am using a SATA to USB connector to connect it to my laptop. I am currently away from my desktop pc.

[B]drive[/B], DosFlash will not work with this type of connection. But DevilsClaw’s Flasher should work fine (if this command string is suitable for this drive - this thing I don’t know yet…)