Dropbox email?

vbimport

At the risk of seeming like an idiot again I need some advice about the “You have a new folder in Dropbox” email I was just sent!
I don’t use, or have Dropbox on any of my machines, so was it spam, a nasty, or what?
I dumped it, as without downloading something I don’t need, I wasn’t going to risk it. Any comments welcome, but please don’t make me feel like a 3 year old again. Thanks Guys

I would certainly have expected a “nasty” .
So your not alone.

If someone is sending you folders or files via Dropbox they should let you know in advance either by a separate e-mail or other means.

Thanks cholla,
I did think that was odd. If it was something important, I dare say they will contact me another way.

[QUOTE=voxsmart;2757706]Thanks cholla,
I did think that was odd. If it was something important, I dare say they will contact me another way.[/QUOTE]
No this is pretty much the old scam that people get caught by falling for this type of scam. Especially if you don’t even have a Dropbox email or Dropbox to start out with. And if you had either one of those one the computer you would’ve installed the software and have a icon in your taskbar for it. And also I don’t give out my dropbox to just anyone as it is just for my usage and no emails or giving others permission to send to it.