DRM making me nuts

I’ve got several hundred MP3’s on my computer along with hundreds of wma’s I ripped from my CD collection trying to get everything on the computer. I use Media Monkey as a player which is way cool but a feature I find useful in Media Monkey is track leveling which levels all songs out so they are more or less the same volume.

Here’s the problem; it doesn’t work with some/most but not all wma’s as I get a notice that the track cannot be adjusted because of DRM. I was able to adjust some of the wma’s but most I cannot.

I’m wanting to shoot this content to my sweet stereo and listen to it in my living room but the sudden spike in volume among those that I cannot adjust is just not workable.

I ripped my CD collection with Windows Media Player, is there another program that wont carry over the DRM? Although I would hate to re-rip all my CD’s I need to find an answer.

Help!

The trick is to adjust, or NORMALIZE, the sound level as you’re ripping the MP3 to disk, and many ripping programs offer that feature. The problem is what to do after the fact:

Microsoft’s Windows Media Player fixes the problem by normalizing the volume as you play the music. Look under View/Enhancements/cross-fading Auto Volume Leveling.

If you want to fix the problem permanently, you’ll need MP3Gain, a free, and very cool, utility that analyzes and normalizes the sound levels of each of your MP3 files.

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=49979

hope this helps.

Hi,

re-rip your collection with CDEx or Exactaudiocopy.

I suspect, it is not DRM, which prevents your player software from volume levelling, but it’s just imperfect support of the WMA format you ripped your CDs to.

Michael

[QUOTE=rocks911;1928393]I’ve got several hundred MP3’s on my computer along with hundreds of wma’s I ripped from my CD collection trying to get everything on the computer. I use Media Monkey as a player which is way cool but a feature I find useful in Media Monkey is track leveling which levels all songs out so they are more or less the same volume.

Here’s the problem; it doesn’t work with some/most but not all wma’s as I get a notice that the track cannot be adjusted because of DRM. I was able to adjust some of the wma’s but most I cannot.

I’m wanting to shoot this content to my sweet stereo and listen to it in my living room but the sudden spike in volume among those that I cannot adjust is just not workable.

I ripped my CD collection with Windows Media Player, is there another program that wont carry over the DRM? Although I would hate to re-rip all my CD’s I need to find an answer.

Help![/QUOTE]You can convert the WMA to MP3, by going to Google and searching for, FREEWARE WMA TO MP3 CONVERTER.

Dr.,

Thanks for the mp3Gain suggestion, I’m working with it now and it seems to be what I needed.

I use MP3 Gain a lot, but FWIW it seems the latest WinAmp (v 5.5) can do replay gain and set it in MP3 files too.

[quote=rocks911;1928393]I’ve got several hundred MP3’s on my computer along with hundreds of wma’s I ripped from my CD collection trying to get everything on the computer. I use Media Monkey as a player which is way cool but a feature I find useful in Media Monkey is track leveling which levels all songs out so they are more or less the same volume.

Help![/quote] use “Tunebite” DRM removal
it works good it takes removes drm so u can burn them