Drivers Wanted!

Hi can anyone help? I’m looking for drivers for the following two pieces of hardware, I have searched but all I can find is firmware updates which I don’t want…only the original drivers as at the moment device manager has placed an apostrophie next to both drives stating that the drivers are either missing or corrupt!..

Drivers I’m looking for are:

Nec DVD+RW ND-1100A
Lite-On LTR-52327S

Hope someone can help!

Thanks,

CD/DVD drives don’t need “drivers” in Windows. Uninstall them in Device Manager and reboot.

Welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

Hi Cressida,

Thanks for your response, however it did not work? I uninstalled both drives and restarted, but in device manager I still have an apostrophie next to both drives and they don’t work? the error message under the general tab is:

""Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."

The troubleshoot option does’nt help much!

Thanks

Are the Master/Slave jumpers set correctly on both drives? Check this and then connect just one drive at a time to the ribbon cable for testing. If you’ve got a new mainboard, then make sure to use 80-wire ribbon cable. :slight_smile:

To be sure that drives are not damaged you can also do another test: install these drives on a different machine, if you can.

As already suggested by [B]Cressida[/B], be sure that jumpers are set correctly and cable are plugged in the right way, or also in the other machine you can obtain a not working drive :slight_smile:

Most likely corrupted [B]UpperFilters[/B] and [B]LowerFilters[/B] entries in the Registry.
A common problem sometimes cause by the installation of some burnware and programs like AnyDVD.

Code 39 is one of many possible codes revealed when this occurs.

The entries must be deleted and the system rebooted.

Delete the [B]UpperFilters[/B] in the Registry at
[B]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}[/B]

Delete the [B]LowerFilters[/B] at
[B]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}[/B]

Both entries may not be present, sometimes only one is available.
Reboot your system.

More information at…
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];314060