Drivers required ? (HP DVD1040e)

[qanda]This thread is about the HP DVD1040e. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have tried to install an HP 1040e which comes with Nero 7 packaged, I am already runnin g a full version of Nero 8, the install disc with the 1040 (lightscribe) tells me to uninstall 8 and replace with 7 which seems a backward step. Trying to use it with Nero 8 shows no drivers when going to file and preferences likewise with Lightscribe downloaded programme, I have Lightscribe discs and have tried to use the correct side as per the book.
Any thoughts please
thanks
Siabod

Should have said running Windows XP

[quote=siabod;2237795][qanda]This thread is about the HP DVD1040e. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have tried to install an HP 1040e which comes with Nero 7 packaged, I am already runnin g a full version of Nero 8, the install disc with the 1040 (lightscribe) tells me to uninstall 8 and replace with 7 which seems a backward step. Trying to use it with Nero 8 shows no drivers when going to file and preferences likewise with Lightscribe downloaded programme, I have Lightscribe discs and have tried to use the correct side as per the book.
Any thoughts please
thanks
Siabod

Should have said running Windows XP[/quote]
You know when I installed my new samsung I had the same issue and all I did was placed the disc in the drive and selected explore and just dragged the file/folder that contain what I wanted to my desktop and installed the drivers and lightscribe that way :bigsmile:

Just install the Lightscribe (Host) software.

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=siabod;2237795][qanda]This thread is about the HP DVD1040e. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have tried to install an HP 1040e which comes with Nero 7 packaged, I am already runnin g a full version of Nero 8, the install disc with the 1040 (lightscribe) tells me to uninstall 8 and replace with 7 which seems a backward step.[/quote]Indeed, not a good idea then.

Trying to use it with Nero 8 shows no drivers when going to file and preferences likewise with Lightscribe downloaded programme, I have Lightscribe discs and have tried to use the correct side as per the book.
Any thoughts please

You may have a look into your Nero 8 install disc, if there is Lightscribe software somewhere.
Alternatively, get latest Lightscribe software from here: http://www.lightscribe.com/downloadSection/windows/index.aspx?id=810

Michael

Thanks for the replies, the Nero 7 disc is just a set menu which takes me straight to the “uninstall newer version” and install version 7 message.

As stated in original post (probably not clearly enough), I have also downloade the latest Lightscribe software as suggested by chef and Michael.

If as Michael suggest I look into Nero 8 then preferences there is an option to name a “default Lightscribe drive” however there is no drive in the box nor does one appear when using the arrow alongside.

Thanks again

Thanks again, have returned unit, Lightscribe will have to wait.