Drivers for Teac p-55 Thermal Printer

vbimport

Hi guys.

Look, I’m absolutely desperate here. I just purchase a nearly brand new Teac P-55 Thermal Printer.

But the drivers (no matter the OS) aren’t easy to find. And of course I’m getting stonewalled by Teac’s Tech Service. Also the people I bought it from are no longer returning my calls.

Can ANYONE help me find them? For XP or Win 7. I am so desperate I am willing to pay someone to get them for us!

Can anyone please help us in need?

Thank you so much!

I googled TEAC P-55 DRIVERS and found this RQUEST download page. They also mention getting “proper” firmware updates after checking those FW versions.

But I’m uncertain if this is helpful, or if you haven’t already tried this before. I assume you really want the Win7 drivers, or that you’d attach the printer to an older XP machine? I suppose that decision will be based on driver-availability and whatever graphics package you’ll use.

Thank you for trying. However that isn’t the printer we own.

This is it:

http://www.cdrom2go.com/product/teac-p-55-color-thermal-printer_135_45.htm?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=shopping&utm_content=E03001&gclid=CJGjpKec3bkCFYOk4AodnhsASg

The best we’ve been able to come across is a set of drivers for the P-55C which was a later version, but the drivers don’t work.

We’d take the proper drivers for ANY OS at this point, just to be able to use it!

Really if someone could help us, we’d be willing to pay for your time.

We’re absolutely desperate!

Yeah, I’m not finding anything whatsoever in my searches. It seems TEAC really stinks at supporting products. :rolleyes:

I guess they thought that, since they never updated their drivers, they shouldn’t bother to upload the original drivers for the printer. :a

It’s also possible they expected people to only use the printer in dedicated duplicators that could independently control the printer. :confused:

Maybe THIS 1 works? :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=shambk;2700980]Thank you for trying. However that isn’t the printer we own.

This is it:

http://www.cdrom2go.com/product/teac-p-55-color-thermal-printer_135_45.htm?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=shopping&utm_content=E03001&gclid=CJGjpKec3bkCFYOk4AodnhsASg

The best we’ve been able to come across is a set of drivers for the P-55C which was a later version, but the drivers don’t work.

We’d take the proper drivers for ANY OS at this point, just to be able to use it!

Really if someone could help us, we’d be willing to pay for your time.

We’re absolutely desperate![/QUOTE]

So do you have the TEAC P55A or the TEAC P55B

I have the drivers for both machines
I got them from the German teac support

[QUOTE=use2598;2704592]So do you have the TEAC P55A or the TEAC P55B

I have the drivers for both machines
I got them from the German teac support[/QUOTE]

So I have the the drivers for the P55B and its saying i need to update the firmware. From what i know the p55b is the usb printer and the one i have only has the parallel connection only. So i need the p55A drivers and maybe the firmware if that dont work. Can you help me out?

This is all i have for the Teac P55 parallel

Btw i have found the above printer only works if your parallel port is inbuilt in your motherboard. I couldn’t find any parallel cards that worked with my Teac

Hi mate. You wouldn’t by any chance still have the drivers for the P-55B would you? I’m presuming the one i have is the “B” as it has the usb connection. Cheers

Sorry P-55B here

[QUOTE=use2598;2740842]Sorry P-55B here

That worked brilliantly. Thank you so much for your assitance. :bow: I was close to taking a sledgehammer to the thing :a

Hello All,

does anyone have the drivers for this machine they can send me ?. Above links to the dropbox seem to have been over-used. Also would appreciate either the original design software or recommendations for some free-ware or better open source replacement.

Regards,

René.

Hi there,

You seem to be the expert on TEAC P55 in need new drivers as the machine (I think its a B revision (USB) wont let me change the options in setting to versamax then has an error ribbon not same as pc) or something please help…dont mind paying!

Regards
Mark

Anyone here have a lead on it? or know how to get ahold of it?

Bought a nice P-55 and NO drivers or software. please help

sorry to bring up an old thread, but I need these drivers as well and the dropbox link seems to be dead these days

P55SETUP_1.0.23.10_dirs.rar
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwMkKrwp3pCVX0pWd2pLWXdBd2M

TEAC P55 Install.rar
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwMkKrwp3pCVcmdHNmxlM2JhVGs

OMG thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much your a life saver