Driver required for NEC ND 3500AG

Hi Guys
I am new to this sort of thing so please be gentle with me
I am having a few niggles with my DVD drive on my pc it’s a NEC RWND3500AG
the drivers are very old i.e. 07/2001 if i click on update drivers it tells me that that is the best one for it !! surely there is something newer than 2001 I cannot find anything on the NEC web site so I do not know where to go now
HELP
please

Regards to all
Mike:confused:

Drivers are fine. If you had any concerns they would be with the drives FIRMWARE. And as long as you aren’t having any problems burning dvd’s and cd’s, you really don’t need to worry about Firmware updates. But feel free to browse the forum for information on firmware for your drive, and you can see what benefits are available from various firmwares… Make sure that you read the warnings, that firmware updates can go bad, and mess up your drive, but that is very rare…

Hi and Welcome!

drivers for read-only access are part of the operating system. There is no need for newer ones.
For other applications like CD/DVD burning or DVD playback, you need additional software.

Michael

EDIT: Harley was faster :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Mike Whitworth;1969362]Hi Guys
I am new to this sort of thing so please be gentle with me
I am having a few niggles with my DVD drive on my pc it’s a NEC RWND3500AG
the drivers are very old i.e. 07/2001 if i click on update drivers it tells me that that is the best one for it !! surely there is something newer than 2001 I cannot find anything on the NEC web site so I do not know where to go now
HELP
please

Regards to all
Mike:confused:[/QUOTE]

You need no newer driver, this is a standard CD/DVD driver and is all yu need.
Install a proper burning app and you should be able to burn stuff onto CD & DVD.

Thanks guys
appreciate the advice
Regards
Mike:bow: