Driver missing because of Nero Clean Tool

vbimport

I erased some registry values using Nero’s DriverCleanTool and now my CD/DVDwrite drive doesn’t work anymore. It has power and the drive opens and closes but my computer is not recognising the drive.
How do I fix this problem without having to reinstall Windows XP? I have 22 episodes of a tv show on my hard drive that I haven’t burned yet and I really don’t want to lose them.

I tried removing and reinstalling Nero. I also tried a system restore and that didn’t help. The only thing that the system restore did was bring back the bottom 2 services but, that’s it.

Drivers:
CDRAL.DLL, CDRALW2K.SYS

and stopped some Services:
service: CDR4_XP
service: CDRALW2K

That used to happen to me with Clean Tool for Version 6, use the Clean Tool for version 7, it always deletes the drivers for AnyDVD with cleantool V6.

Like these (insert word here) can’t keep track of what they do and reverse it. Nero is almost to the point where they keep breaking many more systems people are going to start the legal stuff. I can think of a couple of more programs that are right on the edge aswell.

How do I get my DVD to work again?

Go to DeviceManager\IDE Controller and uninstall your DVD-RW reboot you computer and let the windows install the drive again that get you back to working drive again.

I tried that. It didn’t work.

In Device Manager under the dvd drive their is a yellow symbol with an exclamation mark in it. I uninstalled the dvd then re-booted. Windows xp re-installed it but the exclamation mard is still there.

I googled CDRAL.DLL, CDRALW2K.SYS but I don’t know which is the best site to go onto to download these drivers or if it will even help to do this. One of the sites had a couple of comments by users that the driver files on that site had a trojan horse attached to it.

If I do need to download the drivers what’s the best site for doing this?

Having yellow symbol front of your drive in device manager is the indication that your drive is not operating properly, as I said befor have your mouse on the drive at DM right click and click uninstall reboot and let the windows install the drive again.

AS I stated before, I uninstalled the dvd then re-booted. Windows xp re-installed it but the exclamation mark is still there.

Then you do have problem with your IDE Controllers driver try to uninstall the IDE Controller that your writer connected to and let the windows install the driver for it.

How do I do that?

I fixed it, I actually fixed it using the link below.

Plus, NeroVision has never worked better editing video.
The newest program version of Nero 7 Ultra Edition (7,2,0,3) was making my Video and Audio way, way out of sync. So I deleted Nero and installed it again with the installation disk that I bought. (I think the old version on the cd was 7,0,0,0) Now the video is in sync with the audio (for the first time since I got it in dec. 05). I will never update Nero again.

Thank you very much for your help.

CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19,
or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...kb;en-us;314060

If you don’t update Nero 7, you will have some big problems with audio cd’s.

Every time I update I have problems. The video and audio are way out of sync when I want to edit tv shows using NeroVision. The main reason I bought Nero 7 was to edit the commercials out of tv shows.

The newest version of Nero stinks. I’ve spent countless hours e-mailing tech support and waiting 2 weeks for an answer for each e-mail sent.

I’m getting to the point where I want to throw out Nero and get a new VCR.

go to start run then type sfc /scannow and put in your xp cd to put windows back to normal.then renistall nero if needed