Driver install

I purchased a used Asus AGP V7100(DVI)SD2MX32REV1.02 card for my old computer running 2k on a Asus P4B board.I went to the Asus site and downloaded the drivers for this card(or so i thought).I can’t get the wizard to reconize the file.I have since downloaded three more versions from other sites with the same results!Puter keeps telling me it can’t find the drivers.I have done this many times and this has got me stumped.I did uninstall the old drivers for the other card!I did unzip the driver folder and put it on my desktop and pointed the wizard to it.:confused:

That’s an old chipset. Anyway, windows should have generic drivers that will work just fine or you can simply use the drivers from the installation CD. If you really want need new drivers, then just try the latest drivers from nVidia.

I know its an old system,but it works for a backup,no generic drivers that i can find,I don’t have the installation cd,can’t find any drivers at the nvidia site.

Hi,[quote=dartonmav60;2197401]I know its an old system,but it works for a backup,no generic drivers that i can find,I don’t have the installation cd,can’t find any drivers at the nvidia site.[/quote]:confused: You don’t get the “search drivers” dialog? There, you’ll have to select the “Legacy” option.
Latest version for XP/W2k should be this:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71_2.html

In case you are running WinXP, you might also visit Windows Update to obtain a working driver. If this doesn’t install, then either you forgot to install the chipset drivers for your motherboard, or the card is bad.

Michael

Thanks mciahel,that worked!!