Driver For Acer Monitor

vbimport

I need help, like really. Finding drivers seems like a simple thing to do, right? but for me it isnt. So i have a Copmaq D51S, with a acer x193w monitor, and my computer runs Windows 2000 (rus) and the driver for the “VGA compattible video card” is missing, i have internet access, so when i serch for new drivers I have the option to search Windows live update, however when i finish the search it says, “Windows can’t find the appropriete driver for your divice…” bla bla bla… so can anyone find me the correct driver??? plz! ive tried google and it wouldnt give me the drivers for windows 2000, btw i have no idea what my video card is… And as a side note, is it possible to change the the laungauge of the operating system, and how. Any responses would help :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=comsa42;2531481]I need help, like really. Finding drivers seems like a simple thing to do, right? but for me it isnt. So i have a Copmaq D51S, with a acer x193w monitor, and my computer runs Windows 2000 (rus) and the driver for the “VGA compattible video card” is missing, i have internet access, so when i serch for new drivers I have the option to search Windows live update, however when i finish the search it says, “Windows can’t find the appropriete driver for your divice…” bla bla bla… so can anyone find me the correct driver??? plz! ive tried google and it wouldnt give me the drivers for windows 2000, btw i have no idea what my video card is… And as a side note, is it possible to change the the laungauge of the operating system, and how. Any responses would help :)[/QUOTE]

Check the Acer manufacture site for a version for your driver.

You don’t need a driver for your monitor, you need a driver for you video card. You listed “VGA compattible video card”. That is not a monitor driver.

You need to know the name of the company that made your video card chip set (GPU) and the model number of it. It will normally be Nvidia, ATI, Intel etc…

RM

[QUOTE=comsa42;2531481]… my computer runs Windows 2000 (rus) and the driver for the “VGA compattible video card” is missing, i have internet access, so when i serch for new drivers I have the option to search Windows live update, however when i finish the search it says, “Windows can’t find the appropriete driver for your divice…” bla bla bla… so can anyone find me the correct driver??? plz! ive tried google and it wouldnt give me the drivers for windows 2000, btw i have no idea what my video card is…[/quote]This is the problem. Find out what video card is installed (or integrated). A good place to start with is the manual of your computer or the support website of the computer manufacturer (unless your computer is custom made). Then find the drivers and install them.

And as a side note, is it possible to change the the laungauge of the operating system, and how.
No you can’t. Changing the UI language is possible for certain flavours of newer Windows versions, and of course with Linux.

Michael

Sorry that i havnt been checking this thread, the video card is intergrated, but thats all i know. When my computer had xp (eng) if i had internet acces i could download all the apropriate drivers, so why doesnt it do the same in win 2000?

[QUOTE=comsa42;2534465]Sorry that i havnt been checking this thread, the video card is intergrated, but thats all i know. When my computer had xp (eng) if i had internet acces i could download all the apropriate drivers, so why doesnt it do the same in win 2000?[/QUOTE]

Simply because w2k is no OS “for the mainstream”…

Changing the language of a Windows XP operating system is possible… my current desktop was formerly the property of the French foreign service, specifically the French Mission to the United Nations…

Getting it so that it would download certain pages and search results in english rather than french was an experience to put a Saint into murderous rage, but I evetually managed it… only because I liked some of the applications that were previously installed on the computer.

And I really wish I could remember HOW I did it…
I know at one point in the process it asked me for a winXP installation disc.

Doing the same job on a Vista computer is something I couldn’t manage…

The notbook computer I’m typing this reply with was originally set up for Spanish and though I could change some things to english the things I couldn’t change were sufficiently annoying that I eventually started over with a clean install…

AD

[QUOTE=AllanDeGroot;2535307]Changing the language of a Windows XP operating system is possible… my current desktop was formerly the property of the French foreign service, specifically the French Mission to the United Nations…[/QUOTE]

That entirely depends on the OS [B]VERSION[/B]!