DriveImage 2002 w/48125w

Torn between posting in Software or Lite-On, but as this may not be related to the drive itself I decided to post here. I just made a backup image onto CD-Rs. They are Hi-Val 32x burning with a 48125w. I’m having 2 problems with DriveImage 2002 and this combination.

1. Getting buffer underruns. The light starts flashing and the progress bar stops. Mouse still responds. Is it compressing slower than writing? Is there a way to control the speed of writing? I wouldn’t mind using 16x or whatever as long as it works.

2. Closing the disc - somethings up. It takes about 5 minutes to close the disc. Is this the media?

Haven’t tested the image yet or tried with different media, it’s midnight and I’m tired I’ll have to do it tommorow.

Anyway here’s the ATIP (if it even helps):

This Disc is designed for CD-RW/COMBO Drive Only.
Disc Type, Material = CD-R, Phthalocyanine
ATIP Lead-in = 97m 15s 17f
Norminal Capacity = 702.83MB (79m 59s 73f)
Disc Manufacturer maybe = RiTEK,TG
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 48X

Forget burning from D.I. For several good reasons, it’s better to write the image to HD first, then burn to CD. It’s faster, safer, and you always have a copy of the image on the HD for easy restoring. Also, in DI, if the write is interupted, you have to start over. The only way to control the speed is by using SmartBurn-rated slower media.