Drive will not work

vbimport

After a power failure and reboot my Optiarc DVD RW AD-7203A ATA DEVICE does not work. In device manager it shows cd rom but the drop down box shows the optiarc AD-7203 as code 19. When I try to update driver a message says-- windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged (code 19). I’m running Windows Vista Home Premium on a Gateway GM5688E Computer. Can anyone help me? I’ve done all I can.

restore system to an earlier date may help or if you have a registry backup restore that.

other than that delete the device and reboot - it may reinstall properly!

In my signature there is a link that says How to Delete Your Upper and Lower Filters. Click on that and it will take you to an article by Microsoft. Follow the instructions on that page for your particular operating system.

[QUOTE=colin1117;2493090]After a power failure and reboot my Optiarc DVD RW AD-7203A ATA DEVICE does not work. In device manager it shows cd rom but the drop down box shows the optiarc AD-7203 as code 19. When I try to update driver a message says-- windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged (code 19). I’m running Windows Vista Home Premium on a Gateway GM5688E Computer. Can anyone help me? I’ve done all I can.[/QUOTE]

[B]Crossposting[/B] will not help in any way!