Drive tray takes longer to open after upgrade?

Hello, I just reflashed my SOHW-1213S to a SOHW-1653S with a “patched” firmware. It seems to be working fine. But one thing I noticed: it takes about half a second or so to open the drive tray after I press the button when it would do it about instantly before. Is this normal?

I wouldn’t worry about it - my drives take anything up to 2 seconds to eject the trays. It’s a bit of a pain if you’re in a hurried mood, but it’s nothing serious.

Get yourself a Benq 1640 or a Philips 1648 … that will teach you how to be patient!!!

it takes about half a second or so to open the drive tray after I press the button when it would do it about instantly before.

This is true, my drive was originally DW-D22A and after upgrading to 1653s (any firmware), the latency increased very much.
But this occurs only when there is no disc in the drive. With a disc loaded, it ejects with an enormous speed :slight_smile:

Yeah, I don’t really care about the wait time, but I was just making sure it wasn’t anything to be concerned about. Thanks for the replies!

There is usually a delay when hitting eject if a disc is spinning (not idle) - it needs to go through a spindown process to safely eject it otherwise you would end up with a flying disc right on your face (well not that bad unless it’s spinning at 48x :D) Yes I did notice this with patched 1653 with no disc, but there is absolutely nothing to be concerned about as long as the door opens :slight_smile: