Drive speed issue (after firmware flash)

vbimport

Yesterday I flashed my 48246S to 52246S and all seems fine… Nero took advantage of the extra speed (peaked at 51.2 - i’ve got nice media here) so the drive definately flashed ok… and all the other burning programs now allow me to select 52x

EXCEPT for clonecd… the max burn rate is still only 48x (next one up from that is “MAX” which will obviously still be 48x)

Any reasons why this is happening? I figured that maybe clonecd needed to be uninstalled / reinstalled to recognise the change in my drive speed… so i tried it and my max is still 48x :confused:

Neroinfotool says both my read and write speed is 52x so <shrug> this is a tricky one.

ideas / guidance? would be heaps appreciated!

Ric

something just occured to me…

because my media is rated at 48x (even though Smart-Burn v2.1 says the media speed limit is 52x) … is CloneCD not allowing me to go higher then 48x due to the ‘official’ media rating?

I don’t think this is the case, as Nero would probably work the same way and that allows me to select 52x, so does CDRWin.

First of all, don’t double post and have a little patience when you’re seeking help.

Second, you never said what version of CCD you’re using. Chances are the version you’re using doesn’t recognize the 52x. Upgrade to the lastest CCD and try again.

Third, SmartBurn will tell you the max speed is 52x whether it’s a 4x media or 48x media, so it’s useless for speed rating. BTW, when you said, “i’ve got nice media here,” exactly what media are you talking about?

Before anyone jumps in and suggests checking DMA, it’s on, or else he wouldn’t even get 48x in CCD or 51.2 in CD Speed.

First of all, for the first 24 hours I didn’t double-post, this thread was the only one that existed… after not recieving a single response? I figured that perhaps my problem is specifically lite-on related, and someone might be able to help me in there… all I did was paste a link to this thread, so in essence, it’s not double posting… and if it is? I just explained that it wasn’t for the wrong reasons… so lighten up… and you talk of patience? I just ruled that out as well by stating that I waited over 24 hrs for a single response and not one was made, how patient would you like me to be?

I thought of ALL the possibilities you mentioned prior to seeking the help on here, I knew DMA was fine because I am fastideous with the operation of my system… i always confirm DMA on all six of my ide devices upon installs of my os’s. I also update to the latest CloneCD the day it’s released, I’m on the ball with updates (not that there’s been one for a while) … 4.2.0.2

The media is TDK… and obviously it’ll handle over 48x otherwise nero wouldn’t have allowed me to go as high as 51.2 when I tested it…

CloneCD is the ONLY program that allows me to choose a max speed of 48x … all the others give me the option to go one step higher… 52x…

Going back to the DMA issue you pointed out, even if DMA was off for the drive(s) … how could that be tied with the lack of a 52x option in clonecd? i fail to see the relevance… not having a go at you but just wondered why you thought others might point out that it has something to do with it.

cheers,

Ric

next one up from that is “MAX” which will obviously still be 48x

actually, the max is not “obviously” still 48x. max is exactly what it sounds like, which is the max speed of ur drive. if u try burning at max speed u’ll confirm this.

double/crossposting is against forum rules (which u’re supposed to read before u register for the forum), so even if u thought u had a justified reason, it’s still not appropriate to do so.

Originally posted by Ricochet
it’s not double posting… and if it is?
it is double posting, which is against forum rules - believe me. And it is the first and the last time you break em, whether you believe it or not.

… and you talk of patience? I just ruled that out as well by stating that I waited over 24 hrs for a single response and not one was made, how patient would you like me to be?

Well, we dont run a customer support page here, expecting to get an answer in a day and getting furstrated if you dont looks quite impatient to me. So i guess you should lighten up a bit.

You people amaze me. You want to play this game do you?

After scanning through many threads on this forum, it seems quite clear most of you enjoy targetting the slightest negative factor of one’s post, and ridiculing the person for it… in an outsiders eyes? clarification is not needed to realise the motives of why one is a moderator on here. I have been nothing but pleasant in my mannerism on this forum, which I can hardly say is common amongst ‘the majority’ on here… I admit I made the mistake with the cross-posting, but in any case, I was very polite in the way I addressed my reasoning behind it, and if i’d have known it was against the regulations of the forum i’d have made sure to avoid doing so… I only signed up a couple of days ago as a mate directed me here when I started experiencing the problem I described, I didn’t intend on becoming a regular, was just looking for a bit of genuine help…

pffft… these replies? says a lot about why i’ve had quite a few people warn me of this place… now I can grasp it for myself.

Here’s some more ammo for you :-

Feel free to keep that power hungry moderator trip you’re on and delete my account. You and I will both be glad I won’t be back here in future…

With love,

Ric

After scanning through many threads on this forum, it seems quite clear most of you enjoy targetting the slightest negative factor of one’s post, and ridiculing the person for it
Well i am sorry if you see this the way you do. When you signed up to be a member here, you agreed to several terms/rules that apply here way before you registered. The slightest negative factor you are referring to here is a mere violation of these rules, which i have to point out to you so that aint repeated. Especially when you address this issue with irony to other members who have ptoven to abide by these rules.

… in an outsiders eyes? clarification is not needed to realise the motives of why one is a moderator on here.
Being a moderator here is something we all do on our spare time, noone is getting paid for it - noone is obliged to answer your questions in a zippie nor to read your ironic posts with patience.

i have been nothing but pleasant in my mannerism on this forum,

errmm, no, not really

which I can hardly say is common amongst ‘the majority’ on here…

i’ll leave this for the 39427 registered members of this forum to decide

I admit I made the mistake with the cross-posting, but in any case, I was very polite in the way I addressed my reasoning behind it, and if i’d have known it was against the regulations of the forum i’d have made sure to avoid doing so…
Again when you signed up, it was your obligation to read the rules and accept them, so you should have known you were breaking the rules in the first place.

I didn’t intend on becoming a regular, was just looking for a bit of genuine help…
And thats supposed to be a positive remark about you?

pffft… these replies? says a lot about why i’ve had quite a few people warn me of this place… now I can grasp it for myself.
Feel free to roam wherever you think it is better for you, noone obliged you to sign up here.

Feel free to keep that power hungry moderator trip you’re on and delete my account.

Your account will not be deleted, at least not by me. You are welcome to post here as long as you abide by the rules of the forum.

This thread will be closed however, as it has gone way off topic. Feel free to contact me about this matter through PM.