Drive not detected

Hi. I have just got Roxio Easy Media Creator 10. At the bottom of the home page it states that no drive is detected. My system is Windows XP 2002.

The drive shows as working properly in my device manager.

Just as an afterthought, I was using Nero 7 until recently & just couldnt get on with it, so I made windows media player my default. Would this have any adverse affects?

[QUOTE=elsa-stockwells;1933472]Hi. I have just got Roxio Easy Media Creator 10. At the bottom of the home page it states that no drive is detected. My system is Windows XP 2002.

The drive shows as working properly in my device manager.

Just as an afterthought, I was using Nero 7 until recently & just couldnt get on with it, so I made windows media player my default. Would this have any adverse affects?[/QUOTE]All those big bloated programs! Nero and Roxie. If your just backing up DVD movies. Try using DVDFAB PLATINUM 4.0.1.2. Has a 30 day free trial, great tutorials and online tech support. It’s very easy to use. Cost is $49.00 after the trial period.
Try loading a disc in the optical drive. Then start the Roxie program and see if the no drive detected message disappears.