Drive doesn't recognized Dual Layer Media

vbimport

I have the Plextor PX-820sA 1.00 BT Firmware installed on my drive but my drive doesn’t seem to be recognizing my Verbatim dual layer media. I had the official firmware installed before but was running into problems when trying to backup DVDs. So I now made a trade off with the ability to back up DVDs but now I can’t burn. Is there any happy medium?

You would get more help if you has posted it in the right forum this is the
NEC / Optiarc forum you needed to be in the Plextor forum maybe a mod
can move it to the right forum for you.

It is an NEC/Optiarc drive; it’s a 7200s. The firmware is Liggy’s Plextor PX-820A Bitsetting Firmware 1.00. It installed just fine on my drive because apparently the Plextor PX-820A/S drive is a re badged NEC/Optiarc.

The official optiarc firmware wouldn’t allow me to backup most of my DVDs. When I would try it would just lock the drive up. As soon as I installed this firmware it fixed that issue, but I just recently tried burning a DL disk and the programs I’ve tried say that there isn’t a disk in the drive or that the disk is not blank and cannot be used.

There are so many different firmwares to choose from and I’m not sure which one would be best for me. Any help in deciding would be greatly appreciated…

[QUOTE=koolzero;2506035]It is an NEC/Optiarc drive; it’s a 7200s. The firmware is Liggy’s Plextor PX-820A Bitsetting Firmware 1.00. It installed just fine on my drive because apparently the Plextor PX-820A/S drive is a re badged NEC/Optiarc.

The official optiarc firmware wouldn’t allow me to backup most of my DVDs. When I would try it would just lock the drive up. As soon as I installed this firmware it fixed that issue, but I just recently tried burning a DL disk and the programs I’ve tried say that there isn’t a disk in the drive or that the disk is not blank and cannot be used.

There are so many different firmwares to choose from and I’m not sure which one would be best for me. Any help in deciding would be greatly appreciated…[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmm…not sure how to help you out on this one then :confused: