Drive does not get detected sometimes - What do look for?

vbimport

Hello folks

I have the ND3500A and have this strange problem of the drive not being detected by Windows from time to time…It happens like 2-3 times a week. I’m not able to understand why its happening so where do I start from? I have alcohol and nero installed. I’m not sure if that is causing problem. Here is some specs of my computer

Primary Master : HDD #1
Primary Slave : HDD #2
Secondary Master : ND3500A running 2.18 official firmware
Cables : Ultra ATA 100 on both channels

DMA is enabled on all drives

What could be the possible problem?

Thanks

Raj

Just a suggestion. Go to Windows device manager and remove your IDE ATA/ATAPI Storage controllers. Turn off your computer and check that all the IDE cables are fully connected. Restart your computer and it should reinstall all your devices automatically, if not go back to device manager and right click on MY Computer and Scan for Hardware changes. Sounds to me like it’ was never properly installed by windows, Just a guess. Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

I had a similar situation and the problem was Sonic DLA, it’s a CD/DVD packet writing program. If you have any similar program like InCD, Direct CD, etc. you might try de-installing it to see if it solves the problem. Just one suggestion.

You might also try Microsofts default IDE drivers.