Dragon tattoo

vbimport

I get error message halfway through decrypting "Girl with the Dragon tattoo on fab 8.1.6.8 tried to ignore but had to abort operation.Also tried main movie with the same results.Any solutions?thanks in advance for your help.I have dvd fab paid edition.

[QUOTE=meanone2;2627320]I get error message halfway through decrypting "Girl with the Dragon tattoo on fab 8.1.6.8 tried to ignore but had to abort operation.Also tried main movie with the same results.Any solutions?thanks in advance for your help.I have dvd fab paid edition.[/QUOTE]

Other members/users has reported they had no problem using v8168, please make sure the disc is clean and you may want to verify that ‘Pathplayer’ is set as ‘Always enabled’.

[B]SJ[/B]

No problem here with Vers 8.1.6.8

i have dvd fab paid edition.i downloaded 8168 on 3/20/12. my co workers are having the same problem with theirs as well.

It can also be done with Versions 7.0.9.2 and 8.0.8.5

[QUOTE=meanone2;2627329]i have dvd fab paid edition.i downloaded 8168 on 3/20/12. my co workers are having the same problem with theirs as well.[/QUOTE]

Since members are reporting no problem getting their backups of this title and you and your co workers can’t seem to get a backup, it is possible there are bad press released floating around which is not uncommon.

I suggest you return your copy to the retail outlet where you bought it for a replacement, I also suggest telling them your having playback issues rather then not able to make a backup.

[B]SJ[/B]

I just tried 7092 as bean55 suggested and that worked.Thanks Bean55 and everyone else who responded.You guys are great!by the way I passed this on to co workers.We’ll also be contacting Fengtao.

[QUOTE=meanone2;2627348]I just tried 7092 as bean55 suggested and that worked.Thanks Bean55 and everyone else who responded.You guys are great!by the way I passed this on to co workers.We’ll also be contacting Fengtao.[/QUOTE]

Glad you got the backup, just out of curiosity did you ever check the setting for pathplayer in v8168 ?

Glad to hear you got it done meanone2

Sometimes the older versions work better than the newer ones

Stormjumper,this is meanone2,sorry I’m just replying.Got torn acl in my knee.But in reply to checking the pathplayer as you said I set it to enable.When I tried it on the newer version it worked as well.Again you guys are my heroes.Again sorry for not responding sooner.Take care.

Hey meanone2 no problem on the late reply just happy to hear you got it worked out. :cool:

[B]SJ[/B]

Just downloaded 8.1.6.8 and it does not work for the dragon tattoo (US version). I have wasted 3 dvd dl so far for nothing. The first copy went through, but when I played it, chapter 10 was as far as it would go. The next 2 just stopped about 3/5ths of the way through.

[QUOTE=jayh3;2627955]Just downloaded 8.1.6.8 and it does not work for the dragon tattoo (US version). I have wasted 3 dvd dl so far for nothing. The first copy went through, but when I played it, chapter 10 was as far as it would go. The next 2 just stopped about 3/5ths of the way through.[/QUOTE]

Since other members have made their backup copy of this title does suggest the latest version can do it, please check your settings (Pathplayer) and rather wasting disc’s why not copy to the HDD first to ensure it copies OK then burn the resulting files from the hard drive.

The latest version is 8170 by the way, however others did do it with v8168.

[B]SJ[/B]

Still didn’t work. It viewed fine on the computer and copied to the end, but the dvd would not play at all on the dvd player and would go to chapter 6 on the computer.

It can also be done with Versions 7.0.9.2 and 8.0.8.5

[QUOTE=jayh3;2628056]Still didn’t work. It viewed fine on the computer and copied to the end, but the dvd would not play at all on the dvd player and would go to chapter 6 on the computer.[/QUOTE]

When you copied it to your hard drive does it play the file fine using a media player software ? if so what brand of blank media are you using to burn your backups on ? also are they -R or +R type media ? if they are the +R type does your standalone DVD player support the +R media ?

[B]SJ[/B]

The new American version of the movie, right?

[QUOTE=jayh3;2628059]The new American version of the movie, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes bean lives in Chicago and other members who made a backup copy also live in the U.S

[B]SJ[/B]

Tried both versions of the older DVDFAB and they didn’t work either. Yes they go all the way through and say the copy was successful, but when I played them they all stop about 2/3’s of the way through. I bet some of the people on this forum think their copy is good but haven’t played them yet. I guess I’ll have to take better care of the originals from now on. The original had no problems so it wasn’t defective and was brand new.

I use +R or it wouldn’t work on my computer. My Marantz DVD player uses anything.

I watched mine and it was fine so yes the older versions worked for me.