DPG Movies on Nintendo DS

vbimport

Good Day,

I have tried to convert several DVD Videos into DPG format so my kids could watch them on their Nintendo DS’s. I can achieve excellent video quality, however the video freezes very frequently while the audio continues. After a 4 or 5 second freeze the video resumes. The sound/video also seems to be slightly out of synch a lot of the time. This is happening with ALL DPG videos I am creating, so at least the issue is totally consistent regardless of the source.

I initially blamed the NDS Card and SanDisk memory chip because AVI files I created of the same videos work flawlessly on the PC. DVD duping also has worked very well for me for the couple I have tried.

I managed to find some DPG videos online for testing purposes, and those worked absolutely great on our Nintendo DS’s. That kind of rules out the NDS Card and SanDisk memory chip combination being bad and would indicate a DVDFab or setting issue.

Has anyone else had good or bad results trying to create DPG files for the little Nintendo Units using DVDFab?

[QUOTE=rherbert;2087153]Good Day,

I have tried to convert several DVD Videos into DPG format so my kids could watch them on their Nintendo DS’s. I can achieve excellent video quality, however the video freezes very frequently while the audio continues. After a 4 or 5 second freeze the video resumes. The sound/video also seems to be slightly out of synch a lot of the time. This is happening with ALL DPG videos I am creating, so at least the issue is totally consistent regardless of the source.

I initially blamed the NDS Card and SanDisk memory chip because AVI files I created of the same videos work flawlessly on the PC. DVD duping also has worked very well for me for the couple I have tried.

I managed to find some DPG videos online for testing purposes, and those worked absolutely great on our Nintendo DS’s. That kind of rules out the NDS Card and SanDisk memory chip combination being bad and would indicate a DVDFab or setting issue.

Has anyone else had good or bad results trying to create DPG files for the little Nintendo Units using DVDFab?[/QUOTE]

Hi there,

What program were you using to convert the files? It sounds like an issue with having the fps (Frames Per Second) too high.

I use DVDFab Mobile Options as it can take a single movie file or a whole DVD and convert it to a .dpg file. I used to use SUPER but always had issues converting stuff.

make sure it is the latest player (i suggest the latest moonshell) and latest format. if you still have trouble, try using the spinal format and media player