Downton Abbey S6 Backup Set

vbimport

I have been making a backup set of Downton Abbey, Season 6.

For disc 1 I had to upgrade my DVD Fab Copy, I am now on 9.3.0.7.

Worked fine for disc 1 & 2. But for some reason, and I have not changed any settings, disc 3 is burning the copy as if I selected “remove menu and play title continously”. Except I did not check those settings and they show in the settings as not being checked.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks.

Not that I think it has any bearing on it, but I am using Windows Home Premium x64.

Also, I am a paid, lifetime licensed user of DVD Fab.

S-5 and S-6 were both troublesome with obfuscated playlists on at least one disc in the set.
It should be correct in the latest version of Fab. If you’re not, I’d suggest using clone mode for making a full disc copy.

I have it set on FULL DISC. I do have the setting to REMOVE FBI Warnings, UOP, CSS, PGC, etc. as well as JUMP TO MAIN MENU. This is the reason I make backups. I hate when I watch an original (non DVD FAB) disk, that I always have to wait thru various screens before I can get right to the menus. Or when I begin playing a movie I have to wait for FBI Warnings, etc. So I make these DVD FAB (clean) backups, then put them in the same case as the originals, and whenever I watch something, I watch my backup copy.

I am not aware of CLONE mode. How is that different from FULL DISC?

I think I have the latest version of DVD FAB 9. I read about 10, but not sure if it’s actually out and if it has been tested and safe to use.

Please let me know. Thanks!

It might just be a problem with this one disc. First I upgraded DVD Fab to 9.3.1.0 and tried again. (I had just seen this slightly newer version was out). That did not help, I got the same result. Then I tried a different DVD copying program (don’t want to name it, in case that is against the rules) and it froze and reported a read error. So maybe whatever is wrong with the disc is causing me to see this result.

Any other suggestions?

[QUOTE=JohnCo;2778771]It might just be a problem with this one disc. First I upgraded DVD Fab to 9.3.1.0 and tried again. (I had just seen this slightly newer version was out). That did not help, I got the same result. Then I tried a different DVD copying program (don’t want to name it, in case that is against the rules) and it froze and reported a read error. So maybe whatever is wrong with the disc is causing me to see this result.

Any other suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Its not clear if you’re talking about a DVD or BD set. Clone mode is available for either one in Fab, and makes an exact copy of the disc. Try that first and see if it works better, as I suspect one of your settings is causing this.

CDan, DVD (I do not own or use any Blu-Ray).

As to the settings, the odd thing is, I just did S6 D1 & D2 within the last week and they worked fine. And I had not used DVD Fab for anything in the few days since trying to do D3.

I just tried the CUSTOMIZE option and only selected the 2 episodes on the disk. It still did not copy right. Menus would not come up or work. I guess I will try the CLONE option, although an exact duplicate of the disk kind of defeats the purpose of why I make backups, (to skip restrictions when viewing). But I might try this anyway, just to see if it is a program issue or an issue with my original disk.

The point of doing a clone is to troubleshoot and discover which setting is balling things up. If a cloned ISO works then you have your answer and only need to find which setting is the problem.
These sets have different protection on each of the 3 discs, there’s usually only one that really difficult. I’m not sure what draconian DRM the DVD uses, but the BDs use playlist obfuscation.

Cant try the clone option, don’t have any dual layer. When I make my backup discs I allow compression to single layer, quality still has been fine for my purposes. This set is new, so I might try and see if I can exchange it at the store I bought it from.

Output to an ISO on the hard drive. You’re trying to get a copy without the protection from which you can then work.