Downloading 6.0.1.0

I noticed a new version of DVDFab 6.0.1.0 has just been released which supports blu-ray.

Now I do not have a blu-ray burner or a blu-ray player. I will only continue to use DVDFab for copying my standard DVDs.

I am leery of overwriting my current 5.2.5.0 with this new version unless someone here can tell me what the consequences are as far as any additional cost. I certainly do not want to pay for something I’ll never use (meaning copying blu-ray DVDs).

If you’ve purchsed the earlier version (basic - NOT bluRay) you will still have free updates, and v6 seems to be working fine as compared to the v5’s… the only extra costs are for people who have or are going to make the jump up to BR…

So upgrade with confidence my friend

peace,
the Buk

If you install the update, and I agree with the Soul man that you should, be sure to get a new registration key from dvdfab.com. It is free and is located on the Support tab on the website. After you enter your email address, be sure to select the “v6 All in one…” type key in the drop down selector. Install the new version of the software before trying to register. It will not overwrite your 5.2.5.0 installation, it will be in a different folder. You can keep v5 on for as long as you like, but it will not be updated any longer.

Signals and Soul Man:

Thanks for your replies, but I still do not understand what to do. I do not see any “free” license key on the support tab, only a link to email a license key if I lost my original.

I download and saved DVDFab6010.exe to my hard drive but did not run it yet. Am I going to be forced to pay for a blu-ray option I do not want or will there be a way I can bypass it and just stick with what I currently have?

no, i didn’t have to pay for anything at all… just got the new Reg Key and it was up and running the new version.

the only time you’ll HAVE to pay for Blu-Ray is when you are ready and WANT to

[QUOTE=captainvideo;2276659]Signals and Soul Man:

Thanks for your replies, but I still do not understand what to do. I do not see any “free” license key on the support tab, only a link to email a license key if I lost my original.

I download and saved DVDFab6010.exe to my hard drive but did not run it yet. Am I going to be forced to pay for a blu-ray option I do not want or will there be a way I can bypass it and just stick with what I currently have?[/QUOTE]
The “Lost registration Key” is the correct selection.
http://www.dvdfab.com/retrieveregkey.htm - 6.x (All in one email)

i thought that when you buy this program that it came with free lifetime updates now i know that when we bought this program it did not come with blu-ray with it and if we want to up date then we should be charge for that up date but that is bull that if we want new up dates that we have to buy this hole program again and the new software donsent work i just got a lite-on blu-ray burner and dvdfab 6010 dont even find transporter 3 i put the disk in and it scans it but dose not find it at all and if i use amydvd to rip the movie to my hard drive and try to use dvdfab to burn it it says it burneing it but it gets to 99.9 and then fails to burn

[QUOTE=gearjam70;2276685]i thought that when you buy this program that it came with free lifetime updates now i know that when we bought this program it did not come with blu-ray with it and if we want to up date then we should be charge for that up date but that is bull that if we want new up dates that we have to buy this hole program again and the new software donsent work i just got a lite-on blu-ray burner and dvdfab 6010 dont even find transporter 3 i put the disk in and it scans it but dose not find it at all and if i use amydvd to rip the movie to my hard drive and try to use dvdfab to burn it it says it burneing it but it gets to 99.9 and then fails to burn[/QUOTE]

If you already have a valid license for 5.x that license will be honored in 6.x just request the 6.x key from the link above, no need to purchase the entire program again. You only need to purchase the features that are not already paid for in your current license and only if you wish to use those features after the 30 day trial.

ok i see that now but still cant get blu-ray burning to work if i burn just movie it burns the hole movie but it fails on finealizing disc if i try to burn full disc it errors i get dic fail message and it says task_1 error=102 and it says process failed