Yes I did use a reg cleaner. In fact, I used the CCleaner to complete this process.
BUT......after I completed the new download it showed that the version installed was 220.127.116.11 but yet when I opened up the program it still showed 18.104.22.168.
So being VERY frustrated, I took a shot and installed the upgrade that I downloaded earlier (which I should not have needed to do since what I downloaded after completing the clean uninstall showed that it was the updated version). It worked. I don't understand it, but it worked. After I installed the upgrade that I downloaded in the beginning, when I opened up the program, it showed the 22.214.171.124 version.
So thank you for your help and thank you, Jimbo, for telling me about the clean uninstall from StormJumper. I am just grateful that it works now.