Downloading 5.2.3.2 help please!

I just noticed there was a new upgrade to my DVDFab5. I had version 5.2.2.2. I went to download the upgrade, installed it, rebooted my computer. When I went to open up my DVDFab5, it had reverted back to version 5.0.0.0. Now I cannot copy ANY DVD’s! Help!!!

redownload from DVDFAB.COM or you can find the d/l link at the top of this forum, Version 5.2.3.2

I have tried that. I have removed the program in its entirety via Add/Remove programs. I went to the site and downloaded the program again. When I start up the program, I am still at version 5.0.0.0. I do not know what to do.

You have to do more than just use add/remove program, go look at a post from Stormjumper and in his sig. he has complete instruction on how to completely remove DVDFAB and once you remove it via his instructions you will want to run a reg. cleaner then redownload FAB

Ok, I followed the instructions of StormJumper exactly as detailed for Windows XP.

But after downloading the program again, it still says I have version 5.0.0.0.

Any other clues? I have NO idea what I can do now.

[quote=mattschuchman;2223139]Ok, I followed the instructions of StormJumper exactly as detailed for Windows XP.

But after downloading the program again, it still says I have version 5.0.0.0.

Any other clues? I have NO idea what I can do now.[/quote]
Dag Nab it so your the cause of my ears burning :bigsmile:
when you did the clean uninsta;; did you run a registry cleaner ? if not try CCLeaner it is freeware and very good for a freebie :iagree: make sure you select it to scan the Prefetch folder :wink:

Yes I did use a reg cleaner. In fact, I used the CCleaner to complete this process.

BUT…after I completed the new download it showed that the version installed was 5.2.3.2 but yet when I opened up the program it still showed 5.0.0.0.

So being VERY frustrated, I took a shot and installed the upgrade that I downloaded earlier (which I should not have needed to do since what I downloaded after completing the clean uninstall showed that it was the updated version). It worked. I don’t understand it, but it worked. After I installed the upgrade that I downloaded in the beginning, when I opened up the program, it showed the 5.2.3.2 version.

So thank you for your help and thank you, Jimbo, for telling me about the clean uninstall from StormJumper. I am just grateful that it works now.

[quote=mattschuchman;2223205]Yes I did use a reg cleaner. In fact, I used the CCleaner to complete this process.

BUT…after I completed the new download it showed that the version installed was 5.2.3.2 but yet when I opened up the program it still showed 5.0.0.0.

So being VERY frustrated, I took a shot and installed the upgrade that I downloaded earlier (which I should not have needed to do since what I downloaded after completing the clean uninstall showed that it was the updated version). It worked. I don’t understand it, but it worked. After I installed the upgrade that I downloaded in the beginning, when I opened up the program, it showed the 5.2.3.2 version.

So thank you for your help and thank you, Jimbo, for telling me about the clean uninstall from StormJumper. I am just grateful that it works now.[/quote]
Glad we was able to help, in the guide it tells you not to use the download you already have…reason is because it may have gotten corrupt during the first download.

Anyway have a nice evening :flower:

Good glad that you got it fixed