Download an ISO directly onto BD?

Is it possible to burn an ISO image directly from the Internet onto BD? (eg. Debian Linux image 46GB image onto BD-R DL or BD-RE DL).

Only as data file for storage purpose ,on a disc formatted with packet writing software…

Is it possible to burn the contents of the ISO image during download overnight?

No solution that I’m aware of…for that making to happen,I think the .iso needs to be extracted on the fly to file while downloading.
Perhaps to a RAM buffer or a temp file before it reaches it’s final destination…

I would suggest doing this with something like a batch file using ImgBurn from the command line.

For example, put the following into Notepad, change ‘d:’ to the drive letter of your Blu-ray drive and save it as “Burn_ISO.bat” inside your browser’s download folder.

@echo off set /p imagefile=Enter the ISO file name: echo. echo Waiting for %imagefile% . . . echo. :repeat ping -n 2 localhost >nul if not exist %imagefile% goto repeat echo. echo Burning %imagefile% . . . "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\imgburn\imgburn" /mode write /src "%imagefile%" /dest d: /start /speed max /verify yes

Start your download of the BDR image, insert a blank BD-R and run the batch file. Enter the full filename of the image, press enter and then leave the PC to download. The batch file will keep checking for the presence of that file name. When it appears, it will launch ImgBurn to burn the image file.

Even if there is a utility to burn while downloading in realltime, personally I would not recommend that method. Not many servers (or ISP connections) can sustain a fast enough speed to burn without persistent start/stop write cycles throughout the disc, potentially reducing the write quality. For example, burning at 4x would require a consistent 144+Mbps throughout the download.

That’s why I will select the lowest burning speed.
In our age, buffer underruns are no problem at all. And quality reductions caused by buffer underrun protection. only happened on CD and DVDminus on some old drive. We are not in 1995. But thank you for putting work into the answer.

Is there any way for Linux to do that?
I think that Azures Vuze Torrents for Windows allowed direct downloads onto DVD.