Downgrading Firmware for UHD Drives Shall Soon Be Made Easier by DVDFab

World’s Easiest UHD Drive Firmware Downgrading Tool

Backing up the legally purchased 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs for home use is what every 4K Blu-ray lover will do. To do that, a 4K UHD drive compatible with popular UHD backup tools is a must. However, if a 4K UHD drive is natively manufactured or personally flashed with the latest firmware, then it may not be able to work with that sort of software tools.

Panic Not! DVDFab has a solution on the way — we’re working on an extremely easy-to-use Firmware Downgrading Tool to help you dump the current firmware on your 4K UHD drive, so that you can make legal backups of your expensive and precious 4K Blu-ray discs.

This upcoming handy utility will be surprisingly friendly to non-tech savvies, even green hands. You don’t need a profound knowledge to perform the downgrading process. And we already have the first batch of 4K UHD drives that will make it to the supported list:

• LG WH14NS40 (internal, SVC code: NS50) Firmware: 1.03
• LG WH16NS40 (internal, SVC code: NS50) Firmware: 1.03
• LG BH16NS40 (internal, SVC code: NS50) Firmware: 1.03
• LG UH12NS40 (internal) Firmware: 1.01
• LG BH16NS55 (internal) Firmware: 1.03
• LG BH14NS58 (internal) Firmware: 1.01
• LG BH16NS58 (internal) Firmware: 1.01
• LG WH16NS58 (internal) Firmware: 1.V1, 1.V2, 1.V5
• ASUS BC-12B1ST b (internal, manufactured 2015+) Firmware: 3.01
• ASUS BW-16D1HT a (internal, manufactured 2015+) Firmware: 3.02, 3.03
• LG WH16NS60 (internal, recommended) Firmware: 1.01

Tips: It’s better to grab one of the above-mentioned drives in advance, just in case they run out of stock.

My BH16NS55 is still on 1.02 and will stay that way,no matter how many ‘fixes’ for better media compatibility LG will post…and the same applies for my Asus,I won’t allow ANY upgrade abowe firmware 3.00…:grin:

Excellent, any idea when?

No but I have gotten three email s from Dvdfab today with the info so something should be coming out very soon I would think.

I have been out of the hobby for a few years but have continued to get emails from Club Myce, and the one about this thread caught my eye. So the WH16NS40 I bought in March of 2014 will work with UHD discs??? AFAICT it’s at fw 1.02.

Guess I’ll have to dust-off my Video computer and see about backing-up the new 4K discs I’ve been buying!?

IT may work with UHD movies down load a trial of Anydvd and try it is the only way to know for sure but I think it has to be 2015 and up with service code NS50

Thanks for that!