Doubts about my acquired verbatim Medias

vbimport

I received the Medias dvd verbatim that I bought in the UK in the pin is written the word AZO, but does not appear made in japan, this writing made in Taiwan, this is bad? I do not got the best average verbatim? I am tense

There’s nothing wrong with “made in Taiwan”. All I use is Verbatim and most are “made in Taiwan”. Some are made in “Arab Emirate”.

:wink:

I read that the best quality Medias dvd comes from japan but my verbatim is not Japanese but made taiwan

Yeah, you’re probably refering to Taiyo Yuden’s which are made in Japan.
You will be lucky if you can find Verbatim’s “made in Japan”. I believe TYs are sold under brand name “JVC”. Any case, that’s the last I remember.

[QUOTE=lario48;2782469]Yeah, you’re probably refering to Taiyo Yuden’s which are made in Japan.[/QUOTE]A long time ago, Verbatim did sell media made by TY.

Even further back, it also made its own media in Japan. Singapore became the primary source for its own manufacturing efforts, though.

I do believe some Verbatim-made BD media was (is?) also made in Japan, but that’s not relevant to the conversation.

You will be lucky if you can find Verbatim’s “made in Japan”. I believe TYs are sold under brand name “JVC”. Any case, that’s the last I remember.

JVC/TY no longer produces TY media. The equipment to produce media went to CMC, and is called “CMC Pro powered by TY”. Old stock of Japanese TY media should still exist in some places.

In any case, for genuine Verbatim media (with MCC media code), it will most likely be made in Taiwan. It’s generally not bad, and is probably still better than media from other brands.

Do not expect to get Verbatim media made in Japan.

Thanks Albert. I wasn’t sure. I don’t pay much attention. I just buy Verbatim and don’t really care where they’re made, unless it’s India.

I still have quite a few TYs (8x & 16X) that I use every so often.

I read on the internet that the best dvd discs (maximum quality in the world) of DVDs were made in japan but my dvd verbatim is made in taiwan, this verbatim in not good?

They are fine!

:iagree: