Doubt Will not backup

Currently using version 5.2.3.2 and trying to backup movie “Doubt” during the process it aborts with the following error

Task_1 Failed Error 401

I uninstalled version 5.2.3.2 and reinstalled new beta version and got the same error message, so it looks like a problem with this new release.

I cleaned the disc and was able to create an ISO file… Thats strange as it was brand new out of the box with no finger prints or smug on the disc?

dvdfab 5232 was showing the dvd was 57 megs and got errors coping. I Got it to copy with anydvd running in the background with dvdfab

[QUOTE=liv2ric84;2252259]dvdfab 5232 was showing the dvd was 57 megs and got errors coping. I Got it to copy with anydvd running in the background with dvdfab[/QUOTE]

I went that route and it worked but I also cleaned the disc and was able to get DVDFab to create an ISO file. I am also running the new beta version of DVDFab

There is already another thread about this movie.

[QUOTE=signals;2252276]There is already another thread about this movie.[/QUOTE]

Yes there is but they did not get into detail what they did to resolve the problem nor did they state errors! All they said was they couln’t back it up not enough info for me or other users.

[QUOTE=signals;2252276]There is already another thread about this movie.[/QUOTE]

Yup now we have two :rolleyes:

[quote=burgman;2252286]Yes there is but they did not get into detail what they did to resolve the problem nor did they state errors! All they said was they couln’t back it up not enough info for me or other users.[/quote]This is a [B]forum[/B]. Ask them.

I have tried backing up Doubt using DVDFab 5.2.3.2 but get Failed. I have used all three settings for Path Player and no luck.

I have also cleaned the disc.

Anyone have any more suggestions? TIA

[QUOTE=VirgUSA;2252323]I have tried backing up Doubt using DVDFab 5.2.3.2 but get Failed. I have used all three settings for Path Player and no luck.

I have also cleaned the disc.

Anyone have any more suggestions? TIA[/QUOTE]

How did you clean the disc? also do you have more then one drive to read the original disc ? some drives are better at reading then others, I have 5 drives which all works great but two of them have trouble reading discs every so often but taking the same disc that they have trouble reading and putting it into one of my other drive reads it just fine.

Are you trying to backup the complete disk? If so try Movie only. I’m trying that right now and when I check what it’s copying it show about 90 or so copies of the movie on the disk that are marked over 1:40 hour long but selects number 51 which shows the longest movie run time of 1:55 hour long. It appears to be working. It looks like another form of protection when trying to copy FULL DISK. It appears to fool the program by showing 90 plus copies of the movie when hitting START to analize the disk thereby giving the error message.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2252338]How did you clean the disc? also do you have more then one drive to read the original disc ? some drives are better at reading then others, I have 5 drives which all works great but two of them have trouble reading discs every so often but taking the same disc that they have trouble reading and putting it into one of my other drive reads it just fine.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=j427982;2252343]Are you trying to backup the complete disk? If so try Movie only. I’m trying that right now and when I check what it’s copying it show about 90 or so copies of the movie on the disk that are marked over 1:40 hour long but selects number 51 which shows the longest movie run time of 1:55 hour long. It appears to be working. It looks like another form of protection when trying to copy FULL DISK.[/QUOTE]

I do have another drive and it got the same fail message.

Now backing up Movie Only, number 51, and it is backing up now.

Thanks for the suggestions. I forgot to try Movie Only.

Now getting an error with Shrink when backing up Movie Only.

"DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue.

Failed to open file “VIDEO_TS_IFO”

The system cannot find the file specified."

[QUOTE=j427982;2252343]Are you trying to backup the complete disk? If so try Movie only. I’m trying that right now and when I check what it’s copying it show about 90 or so copies of the movie on the disk that are marked over 1:40 hour long but selects number 51 which shows the longest movie run time of 1:55 hour long. It appears to be working. It looks like another form of protection when trying to copy FULL DISK. It appears to fool the program by showing 90 plus copies of the movie when hitting START to analize the disk thereby giving the error message.[/QUOTE]

While DVDFab selected copy 51 and made a backup the chapters were out of order. Therefore one needs to figure which of the 90 plus copies shown is thw correct flow of the chapters and it could be different for each original. Does anyone know which copy is thw correct flow of the movie or dos anyone have any other ideas?

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2252338]How did you clean the disc? also do you have more then one drive to read the original disc ? some drives are better at reading then others, I have 5 drives which all works great but two of them have trouble reading discs every so often but taking the same disc that they have trouble reading and putting it into one of my other drive reads it just fine.[/QUOTE]

Yes I have 6 drives and tried to backup on each of them before cleaning and the all gave me the same error message error401. I was trying to back up the whole disc but I did try backup movie only before cleaning and got the same error? I used a lens cleaner from my eye doctors office and buffed the disc and I was able to creat the iso file and then back it up.

[QUOTE=burgman;2252390]Yes I have 6 drives and tried to backup on each of them before cleaning and the all gave me the same error message error401. I was trying to back up the whole disc but I did try backup movie only before cleaning and got the same error? I used a lens cleaner from my eye doctors office and buffed the disc and I was able to creat the iso file and then back it up.[/QUOTE]

Error 401 DVD_Error_[B]QualityUnreachable[/B]
Maybe there are copies that have been released that are bad pressed, it would not be the first time just can’t see some are able to do a backup of this movie and others cannot specially using the same version of DVDFab.,

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2252405]Error 401 DVD_Error_[B]QualityUnreachable[/B]
Maybe there are copies that have been released that are bad pressed, it would not be the first time just can’t see some are able to do a backup of this movie and others cannot specially using the same version of DVDFab.,[/QUOTE]

I agree with you I think its a bad press as it has an internal label of USA after the title name. But after cleaning it was able to create an ISO file which I couldn’t do before. I did notice that there are blimshed spots on the disc which are much more darker in a small area of the disc? It could be this is the problem you mentioned about the press being bad.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2252405]Error 401 DVD_Error_[B]QualityUnreachable[/B]
Maybe there are copies that have been released that are bad pressed, it would not be the first time just can’t see some are able to do a backup of this movie and others cannot specially using the same version of DVDFab.,[/QUOTE]

You know what is strange is that I was able to get AnyDVD to read it without cleaning and it made a good backup? Things are so strange. There are days on certain titles it takes minutes just to scan a disc and other days they breeze right through them?

DOUBT is not the only movie…I’m having trouble with " YES MAN " will not open in DVDFAD5 5.3.1.0 something going on here fokes…and its not good

[QUOTE=mendelman79;2252428]DOUBT is not the only movie…I’m having trouble with " YES MAN " will not open in DVDFAD5 5.3.1.0 something going on here fokes…and its not good[/QUOTE]

I was able to get Yes Man to read , go and update to the latest version of DVDFAB

http://redirectingat.com/?id=49X85&url=http%3A//www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab5310Beta_avangate-675.exe

This is the link for the new beta version which I used for Yes Man.