Doubt Revisited

When using either Plat v5.2.5.0 or Fab v6.0.1.0 am getting an immeditate “Task_1 Failed! Error=102” when attempting to Clone Doubt Region 1. I recall Doubt issues were discussed at length awhile ago, but thought they had been addressed in 5.2.5.0 and above. This error occurs immediately after the copy process starts. Were there any conclusions previously? Clean uninstall, used different read drives, no luck.

Appeared to backup ok when using the Full Disk mode, no compression to a DL9. I do remember that there were issues of out-of-sequence scenes in some versions. Anyone know if this Full Disk backup should be OK? Haven’t had chance to watch it yet.

BTW…just what are the differences between Full Disk (no compression) and Clone mode backups? Layer break for DL9s would be different, anything else?

Thanks.

[QUOTE=Cincinnati Kid;2287971]When using either Plat v5.2.5.0 or Fab v6.0.1.0 am getting an immeditate “Task_1 Failed! Error=102” when attempting to Clone Doubt Region 1. I recall Doubt issues were discussed at length awhile ago, but thought they had been addressed in 5.2.5.0 and above. This error occurs immediately after the copy process starts. Were there any conclusions previously? Clean uninstall, used different read drives, no luck.

Appeared to backup ok when using the Full Disk mode, no compression to a DL9. I do remember that there were issues of out-of-sequence scenes in some versions. Anyone know if this Full Disk backup should be OK? Haven’t had chance to watch it yet.

BTW…just what are the differences between Full Disk (no compression) and Clone mode backups? Layer break for DL9s would be different, anything else?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Error 102 is a read error - have you checked your source disc with a utility like Nero CD-DVD Speed? A scan of your source may tell us whether the disc is a problem, or whether we should be looking elsewhere.

If your disc is bad, whatever was solved before kinda has to be ignored if the disc can’t be read.

To use the utility, start Fab and put your source disc in the drive…allow Fab to open it. Then start up Nero , select the scan, and let it run.

Please let us know the results.

P.S. - not much difference, really…Full Disc will allow you to eliminate FBI warnings and such, which Clone won’t, both remove the copy protections…If you have a disc with many false starts and ‘fake’ IFOs, clone will copy all those, and Full Disc won’t (with pathplayer enabled), it’ll just get the valid ISOs, BUPs and VOBs.

OC

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=OCanada;2288083]Error 102 is a read error - have you checked your source disc with a utility like Nero CD-DVD Speed? A scan of your source may tell us whether the disc is a problem, or whether we should be looking elsewhere.

If your disc is bad, whatever was solved before kinda has to be ignored if the disc can’t be read.

To use the utility, start Fab and put your source disc in the drive…allow Fab to open it. Then start up Nero , select the scan, and let it run.

Please let us know the results.

P.S. - not much difference, really…Full Disc will allow you to eliminate FBI warnings and such, which Clone won’t, both remove the copy protections…If you have a disc with many false starts and ‘fake’ IFOs, clone will copy all those, and Full Disc won’t (with pathplayer enabled), it’ll just get the valid ISOs, BUPs and VOBs.

OC

:)[/QUOTE]

OCanada, thanks for the input. I ran a Nero DiscSpeed scan on my source disk and got errors. So, assuming that I had a bad disk, I exchanged it for another new one. Still getting the “Task_1 Failed! Error=102” read error when attempting to copy via the Clone mode with the new replacement disk. Also getting scan errors with Nero DiscSpeed (ver 4.11.2.0). Could be two bad originals; but seems more likely some read issue with the disk structure and/or file spoofing. Above done with DVDFab 6.0.1.0, PathPlayer enabled, WinXP SP3; been using Fab since v2.x. No problems with other films, Clone or other modes.

[QUOTE=Cincinnati Kid;2288180]OCanada, thanks for the input. I ran a Nero DiscSpeed scan on my source disk and got errors. So, assuming that I had a bad disk, I exchanged it for another new one. Still getting the “Task_1 Failed! Error=102” read error when attempting to copy via the Clone mode with the new replacement disk. Also getting scan errors with Nero DiscSpeed (ver 4.11.2.0). Could be two bad originals; but seems more likely some read issue with the disk structure and/or file spoofing. Above done with DVDFab 6.0.1.0, PathPlayer enabled, WinXP SP3; been using Fab since v2.x. No problems with other films, Clone or other modes.[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong (won’t be the first time…I’ve had lots of practice - getting pretty good at it, actually…) but it seems to me that structure or file spoofing issues would affect Full Disc mode more than Clone Mode…Full Disc has to deal with them, whereas Clone mode simply starts at the beginning, and starts copying bits off the source for all the files involved (except bad sections, hopefully caught by pathplayer/protection scan, and skipped over by Clone…).

I’m still leaning towards a bad disc, although I will bow to superior knowledge, if anyone else wants to step in…

OC

:slight_smile:

How about someone out there try to Clone Doubt under 6.0.1.0? You don’t have to burn a disk, just Clone to an ISO file. You don’t have to complete the job either, you’ll know right away if it fails as I have encountered. Give it a few seconds and see if it actually is copying to the ISO file.