Doubt about Microsoft Certifications

vbimport

Hello everyone,
I need some suggestions because I’m in the moment to take a decision and really don’t know what to do.
I already took A+ /Network+ certifications and keep going for the next level. The problem is: Which Microsoft certification should be the right one? The ultimate ones are MCTS/MCITP and supposedly are equivalents to MCSA/MCSE, but most of businesses still keep windows XP and server 2003, even 2000 in some cases… I’m not sure if it should be a good decision to take windows 7 and server 2008 or taking MCSA/MCSE and later an upgrade to MCTS/MCITP.
Another thing: it’s not clear (at least for me) the exams equivalence between MCSA/MCSE and MCTS/MCITP. I know the following:
Exams to get MCSA:
Windows XP Professional
Windows Server 2003 Server Management
Windows Server 2003 Network Management
Plus these to get the MCSE:
Windows Server 2003 Network Planning
Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Planning
Windows 2000 Directory Services Design
MCTS:
?
MCITP:
?
I’m new in this field, the question marks are because they don’t seem to be equivalents. In the Microsoft website they give a lot of information and exams numbers, but I’m lost. Any clarification or help will be appreciated.
Thanks,

I don’t believe I’ve seen a discussion on this subject here at MyCE. You will have quicker answers if you post this at Ars Technica, in their MS software forum. http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewforum.php?f=15