Double Vision - Dirt Wise w/Shane Watts

I have a strange problem with a single video in particular. I am running DVDFab Platinum 4.0.5.5 (Also tried latest beta release). All other DVDs rip just fine but this one video “Dirt Wise with Shane Watts” won’t work properly.

Basically the whole movie has two images while it’s playing each offset from one another and they overlap. If I pause it, it pretty much looks fine, but while playing it almost appears every other frame is offset to the left quite a bit (like 1/8 of the entire width).

After looking deeper, if I advance the video frame by frame each frame appears offset to the left and then shifts to the right immediately.

Any ideas? It’s a strange one.

Thanks in Advance!

EDIT: Looks like it isn’t necessarily a DVDFab problem. Although I tried it on one computer with two different video players it still does it. However I tried the same VOB File on another PC I have and it plays fine. Must be some wierd rendering issue or codec thing. If you have any ideas on that let me know:)

Hi BitBandit and welcome to cdfreaks,

Strange behavior indeed!
I’ve never seen or read anything like this.
First, I went to Imdb…no dice, then googled the title.
So, this is an off-road-motorcycle, instructional video…hmmm, I’m probably not gonna buy this one…:bigsmile:, but you piqued my curiosity.

Sorry, no clue.
Not sure what software player you used, but you might want to see if VLC will reproduce the problem.
Link in my sig.

If you ever figure it out, please let us know…thanks.

I originally tried Zoomplayer Pro and then Windows Media Player. They both had the same problem.

I did download and isntall VLC and it works perfectly.

Thanks for the tip!

Hey Mate,
you ever think that the reason it won’t work is because you aren’t supposed to be ripping it?
I think that’s called pirating? I could be wrong, but that’s what my trademark and copyright attorney says.
Maybe you should give it up.

[quote=watts;2210624]Hey Mate,
you ever think that the reason it won’t work is because you aren’t supposed to be ripping it?
I think that’s called pirating? I could be wrong, but that’s what my trademark and copyright attorney says.
Maybe you should give it up.[/quote] Do you have something other than that to offer? This is a help forum for people that have problem with Fab Software, your discussions with your copyright attorney are not applicable here.:wink:

[quote=BitBandit;1992247]I have a strange problem with a single video in particular. I am running DVDFab Platinum 4.0.5.5 (Also tried latest beta release). All other DVDs rip just fine but this one video “Dirt Wise with Shane Watts” won’t work properly.

Basically the whole movie has two images while it’s playing each offset from one another and they overlap. If I pause it, it pretty much looks fine, but while playing it almost appears every other frame is offset to the left quite a bit (like 1/8 of the entire width).

After looking deeper, if I advance the video frame by frame each frame appears offset to the left and then shifts to the right immediately.

Any ideas? It’s a strange one.

Thanks in Advance!

EDIT: Looks like it isn’t necessarily a DVDFab problem. Although I tried it on one computer with two different video players it still does it. However I tried the same VOB File on another PC I have and it plays fine. Must be some wierd rendering issue or codec thing. If you have any ideas on that let me know:)[/quote] Sorry about that BitBandit, lets hope you get sorted.:wink:

Perhaps a de-interlacing problem. Check the settings on the other players. I think VLC defaults to de-interlacing=disabled. Let DVDFab analyze the original DVD, then post the data from the Info screen.