Double The Speed Of Your PC

vbimport

Read This Plz and tell me what you think.

Quote From:
http://www.doublepcspeed.com/

*"Double The Speed Of Your Computer..
...These incredibly powerful words come from Daniel Sanderson, the nations leading authority on hardware optimization.

Daniel Says "I don't care what your technical ability is, you can easily get 100% more speed and efficiency out of your system..." Using the same strategies you're about to discover..."*

Go to the web site, listed above. does anybody know anyhting about this and has anyone purchased it?

another quote:

"If you don't like the package for ANY reason – even because you don’t like the font size I use – you can return it for an immediate 100% refund of your purchase price. And remember, this is a lifetime guarantee. You’re free to return it next month, next year, or ten years from now."

Sound Ok to Me. It cost $40US. If it was $40 Aus I would order but $80 is a bit much. anybody have it ? thanks

[edit]
Referrer programs (links) are not allowed.
Neither is asking for illegal download!

Please respect us by respecting our rules!
[/edit]

This is satire post is totally my personal opinion about such “amazing discoveries” :

The statements come from the website , the answers are mine.

“How to instantly recover the Memory Windows steals from your computer, this will make your computer faster and much more reliable!”

Why yes… it’s called Regedit and several boosters. Free info on the internet…

“Discover how you can boost your modem speed to make your Internet access up to five times faster.”

Why yes , it’s an old trick and can be found on the internet for free

“Optimize a certain part of your memory that results in a better and improved system performance”

Would that part be where Win386.swp comes in place ? Also this information can be found for free on www.technet.com

“Discover how to increase your downloading speed from 100% to 500%.”

Oh goody … he’s found Download Accelerator on Tucows.com !

“How you can instantly stop Windows from either ‘Crashing’ or getting ‘Illegal Operations’.”

Start - Shutdown method or are you talking about using WHQL drivers ?

“Discover how to never get disconnected off the internet again”

By never disconnecting ! Duh… keep the phoneline open !
Oh boy what an invention. Or is he talking about the TTL states ?
Which is also free info on the internet.

"How to get your PC to search the entire world for the fastest route for your downloads, This will increase your download speed from anything between 50% to 400%. "

Oh goody… a ftp server that searches for the closest mirror. How cool. I want this… oh wait… i already HAVE IT…

"How you can clean hundreds or thousands of unwanted garbage files from your hard disk and system registry just taking up precious space. "

The process is called editing and deleting ! Press F1 while hovering over the trashcan :slight_smile:

“Double the speed your PC takes to boot/start up!”

Remove old .vxd , dll and other things that can be easily found for free on www.annoyances.org

“Discover how to make your CPU (Processor) have a faster performance rate!”

Someone has visited overclocker forums…

“How to automatically regain Lost/used memory!”

By using TweakUI , X-Setup or other free/shareware programs.
Also free info on the internet

“How to speed up the opening and closing of programs by 100%”

Vcache is cool… uhuh…

“Discover how to enable a faster CD/DVD drive speed!”

Get that tiny arrow about Windows CDROM caching to the right.
This however takes memory. Thanks for this very antique info.

“Learn how to cool down your CPU to help it run faster and more efficiently”

By putting on heatsinks , fans and stuff zillions of users already know

“These following methods will optimize, tweak and improve the following software on your PC:”

“Microsoft word”

Use open office

“Internet explorer”

Use Opera

“Window media player”

Use Global Divx

“Microsoft windows”

use linux

“MS paint”

use The Gimp. Who the HELL uses paint for serious image manipulation.

“Microsoft office 2000”

See Word

“Notepad”

Start - Run - CMD.EXE - Enter - copy con

“Outlook express”

Get viruses faster !

“Telnet”

Optimize telnet ? What’s there to optimize here ?

“Disk clean up”

Use the DEL key…

Well … all in all great useless obsolete info. It may have some new things (like www.grc.com might have , but www.grcsucks.com kinda disagrees on that). And all other things are already on www.technet.com and www.annoyances.org.

And for all the software for free just try www.linuxiso.org , www.sourceforge.net , www.tucows.com and all other websites.

Sounds too good to be true to me.

Here is an excerpt from the site:

Discover how to enable a faster CD/DVD drive speed!

The answer to that is to enable DMA, duh, or overclock it if you are the owner of a Lite On.

I am pretty sure that there are some websites on the internet that are able to give you advice on how to get the most of your PC for free .

Oh …

and be sure to read THIS incredibly funny email conversation about the book. It proves the author has no clue of what he is talking about :slight_smile:

oh , and don’t ask for copies of ebooks that have to be purchased.

LOL :slight_smile:

Run on the principle that if something seems to good to be true (or just damned dodgy like this) then it almost undoubtably is.

Buy a bottle of champaign instead, at the end of the day you will have something worth the same, but you will have got more out of the champaign bottle :bigsmile:

Most things like this are easily avalible on the internet anyway as pointed out above - this is reminding me of the case a whille back when someone ripped off Easy divx and was charging $40 for it… :frowning:

Does the word “scam” come to mind when you read the claims to double computer speed? If not, then it should.

Making all the changes which are easily found on the internet or in computer magazines will NOT result in a doubling of computer speed.

Unless, of course, your BIOS is screwed up, your registry is screwed up, or you 56k modem is running at 9.6k…

In short, don’t believe it until you can find a review by a reputable technician like Tom’s Hardware, Anandtech, or one of the better computer magazines.

Stan

just forget it…it is not even worth this thread

Meanwhile he is probably making money off this…not everyone knows as much as you guys here. Its a perfect game plan. He’s targeting people that give in to this shit and when they see the results they think its amazing. And if they aren’t happy, I doubt that they would want to go through the hassle of returning it. The whole point is to target people that dont know jack shit about their computer…so while you laugh at him, he’s the one putting money in his pocket.

well look at the super bonus #2
I know this way, it involves a heavy brick, a getaway car and one good throw

And that all for free

Originally posted by Sh82nKraZy
Meanwhile he is probably making money off this…not everyone knows as much as you guys here. Its a perfect game plan. He’s targeting people that give in to this shit and when they see the results they think its amazing. And if they aren’t happy, I doubt that they would want to go through the hassle of returning it. The whole point is to target people that dont know jack shit about their computer…so while you laugh at him, he’s the one putting money in his pocket.

Everywhere in the world there is money made because of knowledge in books or in brains of people. That’s called education and consultancy.

People can know jack shit about some issues , but they are stupid if they never ask or learn about it. Also they can experiment.

I know nothing about gardening , but if i wanted to i could always buy a nice gardening book (which professional gardeners may laugh at) or ask help of a (professional) gardener for a certain fee or for free (consultancy part).

I get annoyed by his claims. 100% improvement is total bullcrap. He cannot guarantee it and he knows it. That’s probably the sole reason the money back guarantee is for. Of course there’s always a clause about not-used , damages , dirt , etc. And would you file a lawsuit for a 40 buck costing book ? The judges would laugh at you.

Dang I wish I had thought of this idea long ago,
I would be rolling in the dough. Hehehehe. An no where does it mention anywhere what type of programs or instructions are included.

You know what I just thought of something, We dont we all do this ourselves to make money.

Yeah right!!

Im here to help people, not rip them off.

Thats lucky :slight_smile: because if you wanted to do that sort of thing i am usre you could do a good job of it on a CD back up version. :bigsmile:

We should put all our tips and tweaks together so we can use them to get the best performance out of our pc’s
Here he what i know.(anything from anyone will be appreiated)

Also, list what Os your are talking about when posting your tweaks and tips/settings, thanks

Speed up the Start Menu:
In the REGISTRY EDITOR, go to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Control Panel\ desktop,
and add a string valus named MenuShowDelay with a value specifying the number of milliseconds (400 is defult, smaller numbers are faster).

Stop Windows XP from asking if you want to send a report to Microsoft whenever a program crashes

*Open System in the Control Panel and Select Properties.
*Choose the Advanced tab, and click Error Reporting.
*You can disable it completly or enable it selectively for certain programs. Click Ok when your Done.