DosFlash V2.0 patched to support BH16NS40/BH16NS55 drives

Still, the dump is slightly different compared to the dump posted by another user.

The firmware is in the same version fw.1.02N001401.
Small differences result from the various internal drive software which in each exempire is different \ individual settings \ calibrations, serial numbers, OPU numbers and which is downloaded and saved to the firmware at each update.

Thank you !

Does anyone had a Signed Windows 10 Inf file for the sys driver Installation?

Use the dos version and you won’t have any issues at all.

Asus BC-12D2HT firmware 3.0.1 is a no go, have a friend updating his drive last night, now it can’r read UHD disc

He can always come back to the previous firmware version.

i was hoping for that, just haven’t been abel to find the 3.0.0 firmware for it yet, and i have no idea about witch OEM drive it is

It is very difficult especially for Windows 10 64 bit to run DosFlash V.2.0
You have to turn off the software signature check in Windows and count on a lot of luck.

Asus BC-12D2HT
Unfortunately, we do not have any firmware for this version. We are waiting for someone to make a copy and give us.

Window 7 / 32 Bit is today installed. The Asus Z170 ProGaming Borad has no Option to switch in the IDE Mode…
No Start DOSFlash driver Errors, but the LG Drive ist not listed / the Read Button is ot active.

How ist the configuration of the Port / Com Ports and Drive Key in the DosFlash32.ini. file for the LG BH16NS55 Device? many Thanks in advance

Your SATA drive must be connected as primary sata. Be sure to disable any other device and try the dosflash modified version under Pure Dos.

You can download Dosflash here

Is it possible this will work? It has firmware 1.02
Cant get dosflash to work, but its unsure if it is wrong chipset or pc problems

Error Message: no Atapi Device found with - a Freedos USB Boot Stick started in a native Boot Mode

Then DOSFlash is not suitable for your motherboard controller. :frowning:

DOSFlash only supports S-ATA ports 1~4 @ IDE mode under 32bit system.
so we must plug target deivce to one of first 4 ports & flash firmware under Win 32bit.

yesterday i received my new Asus BW-16D1HT with firmware v3.02 (manufactured on 2017/11).
however, when i put UHD disk (Hidden Figures) into this device, it only spins for several seconds and then spins down.
therefore i can see nothing in my computer.

so my conclusion is that even if firmware is v3.02 does not mean this is 100% UHD-friendly device.
then what i can do is downgrade to v3.02 gathered from here.

finally all goes fine. i can check the size of UHD disk.
i can use AnyDVD HD v8.2.1.9 to decrypt it @ 24.71MB/s …

9可解碼

71MB per second

many thanks for your answer / Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Borards have no S-ATA > IDE Option in the BIOS (2 Days lost and no old firmware:frowning: )

many thanks for your answer / Asus (Intel Z170 Express Chipset) Pro Gaming Boards have no S-ATA > IDE Option in the Bios

Here is my step by step guide for putting 1.0.2 firmware on a factory fresh BH16NS40 (from Amazon yesterday 1-31-18) with 1.0.3 factory installed, all without having to worry about what OS your currently running. We’re going old school and using DOS.

System Gigabyte x99 Designare MB
Download the two files in the original instructions “DoSFlash32_GH16NS40_Patched.zip” and Clean_NS50_compatible_firmware.7z"

Extract these two files to your desktop (or wherever)

1. In the BIOS change the SATA port as IDE

2. Download Rufus v2.28 from rufus.akeo.ie

3. Plug a thumb drive in the pc and run Rufus (make sure that “create a bootable disk using FreeDOS” is check and Select Start.

1. Download DosFlash from https://drive.google.com/file/d/10IUtW4xE9e36yAyS5Zcb0hUWGBmhRBo0/view?usp=sharing
    Thanks #TwinParadox
  2. copy DosFlash to the USB boot drive we created. Also copy the uncompressed files you downloaded before step 1.
  3. Boot to DOS from the USB drive (F12 on my MB to select the USB boot drive)

1. run dosflash.exe (may take a couple of times for it to see the drive, keep running it until dosflash sees the ROM drive) Usually have to run dosflash at least twice for it to see the drive.

1. When I see the drive, select either 0 or 1 depending if it’s the master or slave. I’ll select 0
  2. Sometimes it will exit at this point with a "no ATAPI drive present, just start again.

1. When everything is good you should see "What do you want to do? [R] Read, [W] Write, etc
  2. Select Read (we need a good backup on the current firmware, it contains some calibration data that is crucial.
  3. Save the file as 103.bin
  4. Get the PC back into windows and run "BH16n40_EEPROM_Data_Mover.exe. This program will copy the data from your drives backup firmware to a clean 1.0.2 firmware file.
  5. So Data_Mover will ask for the backup firmware image you just made. Then the location of the clean image and then finally the name of the file that it will create. The clean image is located in the 7z file "Clean_NS50_compatible_firmware.7z: I used “flash_HL-DT-ST_BD-RE_BH16NS40_1.02_NS50.bin”
  6. After it creates your new firmware file. Copy it back to the USB drive.
  7. Boot back into DOS and run Dosflash
  8. This time select W and give it the new firmware file we just created.
  9. Back into windows and test. From device manager you should now see the ROM drive with firmware version 1.0.2

PM me if you have any issues. The hardest part was finding the correct SATA port on my montherboard. Seemed like dosflash only liked to find the drive on SATA port 0.

Hope this helps someone!

Titles Support List

This is a screen shot of the drives label showing it came from the factory with 1.0.3

And another shot of AnyDVD and Windows seeing the media flawlessly.