DosFlash V2.0 patched to support BH16NS40/BH16NS55 drives

it’s impossible to download from zippyshare. can anyone post a clean version of LG WH16NS60 FW 1.00 Appreciate any help. Thanks!

Here you are…

flash_HL-DT-ST_BD-RE_WH16NS60_1.00.zip (1.3 MB)

One way to avoid all the crap on Zippyshare is to use Firefox with uBlock Origin AddOn.

Many Thanks!!

Hi Guys,
I tried to downgrade my LG BH16 NS40 (manufactured in June 2014) from Firmware 1.03 to 1.02. using the TheBelcherMan’s Method under FreeDos.
Sadly, it doesn’t read any Disc now that I throw at it. I guess I made a fatal error when creating the dump. I did not name it with the appropriate type ending .bin, but just named it 103. Could this be the reason for the drive not working?
Is there a possibility to revive the drive with another dump or do I have to get a new one anyway because mine is too old to read UHD Discs?

Many thanks in advance!!

EDIT
I just went back to Firmware 1.03 with the original dump that I created and the drive is working again. Maybe it is simply too old to work with the BH16NS40_EEPROM_DATA_Mover?
Any suggestions on which new drive I should be buying?

The drive has to have SVC CODE: NS50 in the lower right of the manufacturers label.
This is shown in an image posted by TheBelcherMan Feb. 1,2018.
Best I can tell post#59.
If your LG BH16NS40 is too old to have the SVC CODE: NS50 then the firmware flash won’t work.
So that is what you need to check for.

I just took a look - seems like my drvie doesn’t even have a SVC Code. So I’m gessing that it is definitely too old.
Many thanks though for the fast reply though!

WH16NS40 SVC Code NS50 - 1.00

CLEAN_HL-DT-ST_BD-RE_WH16NS40_1.00_NS50.zip (1.3 MB)

I gave this guide a try again and I have now downgraded to Firmware 1.02
Maybe I forgot to set IDE mode in bios last time I tried
X79 deluxe motherboard, Windows Xp 32bit.

excuse me, maybe i’m so stupid… I understan to put out my LG BE16NU50 from is box and link it with an old pc in ide, But, I’ve not understood th name of the exact clean firmware I mus download (actually I’ve 1.02 and andestend to dump to 1.01, but which ?.. is that ?
DosFlash32_BH16NS40_patched.zip (104,2 KB)

I found this thread with a google search. Just wanted to say that I was successful with the flashing tutorial provided and had no errors in dosflash.

What I used

1. Dell Optiplex 380 with a copy of Windows 7 32-bit Dell OEM CD installed.
  2. Dosflash 2.0 provided here
  3. My drive is an LG WH16NS40 SVC NS50

My drive came with version 1.02 Originally. I flashed 1.03 thinking it would resolve some errors I was getting when reading burned discs (mostly BD50) but it made things worse and windows reported “bad blocks” in event viewer. I know the burns were okay because they all completed but did give me I/O errors in imgburn.

I tried a few discs in my drive after flashing.
Some CD-R’s & DVD’s and they all read. I don’t have any bluray’s to try but can I assume that since my drive is reading media that I did this correctly? I know on the PS2 you can have the drive read CD games but DVD based games may not work and vise-versa. I had to do this at work so when I get home tonight I will test some Bluray’s

Thanks again for posting this method because from the manufactors point of view (LG) your stuck on firmware v1.03 and cannot do anything.

Mostly because of the PUH has 2 lenses, 1 for cd and one for dvd. :wink:

Did you follow the guide exactly? If yes, all should be fine.
Did you try an UltraHD BD disc with makemkv??

For my needs NoScript is all I need. :wink:

I don’t have any UltraHD BD discs on hand.

I did try the following media formats
CD-R
DVD-R
DVD+R
DVD+R DL
BD-R
BD-R DL
BDXL

All of these were able to read without issue.
I also burned a few BD50’s and they worked as well.

So at this point I think I’m good to go.
Thanks for the tip.

Yes, all seems to be fine!

hello !
downflashed perfectly, now I can read my original 4k uhd disks …all ok !!! many many thanks !!!
best regards

DosFlash does not work on Windows 10, I get the digital driver signature issue, even when disabling every requirements. I then ran a Windows 7 Virtual Machine, disabled signature enforcement at boot, same issue! How do you all manage to run this software?!

Start by reading post #1 AGAIN.

:slight_smile: You’re funny.

Anyway, running a virtual machine with Windows XP seems to do the trick for now.

Ok, Windows XP on a Virtual Machine allowed me to go past the signature issue, but it is giving me trouble recognizing the drive. Has anyone been successful running DosFlash 32 on a Windows 10 x64 platform?

The truth is, you are ignorant seeing the truth and what’s obvious and explained since at least post # 1 in this very thread.
Screw your frickin WiX and follow the how to explained many times…