Doorbell noise AND NO MESSENGER

vbimport

My computer makes a strange backwards doorbell noise about every 5 seconds, and the only way I can turn it off is to turn all the sounds on my laptop off. I don’t even have any messengers, so it can’t be that. I have a Dell Inspiron 14R if that helps

[QUOTE=makmakmonster;2590792]My computer makes a strange backwards doorbell noise about every 5 seconds, and the only way I can turn it off is to turn all the sounds on my laptop off. I don’t even have any messengers, so it can’t be that. I have a Dell Inspiron 14R if that helps[/QUOTE]

How about giving us a service tag no. so we can at least find out what kinda Dell and what it has installed on it?

[QUOTE=makmakmonster;2590792]My computer makes a strange backwards doorbell noise about every 5 seconds, and the only way I can turn it off is to turn all the sounds on my laptop off. I don’t even have any messengers, so it can’t be that. I have a Dell Inspiron 14R if that helps[/QUOTE]
Are you sure these are not beep codes? If so tell us what sequence they are happening in. Like 1 short and 2 long. Just an example.

[QUOTE=makmakmonster;2590792]My computer makes a strange backwards doorbell noise about every 5 seconds[/QUOTE] Sounds like Skype.