Doom3 protection?

Anybody knowing what the protection will be on Doom3?

As soon as it comes out I am sure someone will post it here. You are just going to have to wait awhile.

I know :slight_smile: Just a bit curious, and maybe someone would know by now.

@Dazzler

Please do not post these types of questions in the Copy Protection List forum.

Ups, you’re absolutely right :eek: Feel free to delete this thread :slight_smile:

Being an id software game i’d say there will be no protection on it like the rest of their games

DOOM III will be use SafeDisc v.3.2.XXX

Whenever you post speculation, please post support to your theory as well!

How do you know it is SD 3+?

From another board … Deamon Tools

it probably will use sd 3+ because the companies have learned that safedisc 3+ is harder to copy than securom, and more safe than starforce.
I predict that every major game in the future will have sd

ok, so basically there are those saying there won’t be any protection because ID Software never used them before; and seem to be against using them (But then neither did Activision - until recently)

Then there are others saying it will be the most recent version of safedisc (3.2*) because that’s what Activision has been using on their games for a year.

Yet another group of people say it will be star-force because … well because that’s what they dream of at night. Or maybe to spread fear? :wink:

I don’t see the point really… why not wait for someone to buy it and report it here? Do you mean to say that you might skip on a great game because of its copy protection?

@nooby god: you probably mean SF3 (StarForce 3) not SD3 (SafeDisc 3).

Yes i agree with Doug. We’ll just have to wait and see, although there is no harm talking about it, it’s all just speculation until it is released.

yes i did i was looking a an array-scan and typing the post. I fear that all games will be with sf because of the fears of piracy. I know some one that works for ea games and he said that they got a report on different copy protections and which ones they should use when their contract ends. :eek:

If StarForce3 would be the protection, a 1:1 backup is not possible for the time being? Is it possible to make an installable backup? If so, which program and hardware is recommended? Is there a guide for this?

Starforce 3 is currently not possible to make a 1:1 copy.
You should be able to install a backup, like any normaly copied cd, but not be able to run it.

A tool (that hasnt been confirmed yet) could make a copy (maybe not 1:1, i dont know) is around but yet to be released to the public.

I suggest this thread be closed as people may get the wrong idea what protection Doom III will be, as nobody knows for sure as of yet.

Hopefully its not SafeDisc as for some reason I have a lot of problems installing from SafeDisc protected games (CRC errors at random when installing). Although I have had no problems making backups.

Weird, what units do you use for installing?

just this.

text here:

Doom 3 (c) ID Software

08/2004 :..... RELEASE.DATE .. PROTECTION .......: SD3/Custom/serial
             3 :.......... DISC(S) .. GAME.TYPE ........: Shooter

Üßß  ÜßßÜ ÜßÜßÜ Üßß  ß ÜßßÜ ÜßßÜ ÜßßÜ Üß

ßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßß Û ß² Ûßß² Û ² ²ß Ü Û Û ² ²ß Û ² ßßßÛ ßßßßßßßßßßßßßßßß
ßß ß ß ß ßßßß ß ß ß ßß ßß
A massive demonic invasion has overwhelmed the Union Aerospace Corporations?
(UAC) Mars Research Facility leaving only chaos and horror in its wake.
As one of only a few survivors, you struggle with shock and fear as you fight
your way to Hell and back, in an epic clash against pure evil.

• The most intensely realistic and visually stunning game ever created; with
    graphic fidelity never before seen in video games outside pre-rendered CG
    movies.

• Dripping with atmosphere and changing the look of 3D games forever, DOOM 3
    features realistic physics, 6-channel surround-sound, and real-time
    dynamic lighting and shadows that create an environment of ever-changing
    fear and uncertainty.

• Compete in vicious multiplayer action where light, shadows, and a totally
    dynamic world can be used to your advantage or peril.