Doom 3 won't play after I installed CloneCD

vbimport

Hi everyone! Sorry if this has been asked before but… I have Doom 3 installed on my machine, as well as my Lite On DVD burner. I have been playing Doom for a few weeks, after I put in the DVD burner. I just tried to load the game, but got an error window " CD/DVD emulation software has been detected. Please disable all emulation software then restart the game"
I installed CloneCD last night. The game had been working perfectly until then, and I also have a few other burning programs installed (CloneDVD, DVD Santa, and a few others) Is there a way around this or am I going to have to uninstall CloneCD?

Thanks for the help!

Griff

sounds like your version of CloneCD is blacklisted by doom are yuo running the lastest version? Doom has been out for a while and I would have thought that the latest version of cloneCD would have overcome that by now. DID you install CloneCD virtual drive as well as the burning program? if so try uninstalling that.

yep uninstall clone virtual drive and it should be ok again

How do you uninstall virtual drives. I disabled them, but after restart, they came back???

add/remove programs and or delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\VClone.sys

don’t know if that will be enough though, don’t know what else Doom looks for…

Update CloneCD, They fixed the blacklisting a while back. If that still dont work, click Start > Programs > Slysoft > CloneCD and the Tray tool. Once it has opened right click on the icon in the system tray and untick “Hide CDR Media”

\\VH////
:slight_smile: