Dont want to reduce Quailty to one DVD.How can I put the Movie on 2 DVD's

Shouldn’t matter what burning program you use. Are you sure you’re using Shrink version 3-beta?

The analysis button will be on the main window next to “backup”. suggest doing that before doing anything else. You also get an analysis option in the back-up dialog. Same process either way, but analysis before doing anything else will give you more accurate size and compression indications. Been a while since I did Dreamcatcher, but I recall compression was in the 50-60% range, maybe slightly more.

also is burnatonce as good as using vsos dvdcopy program to write the dvd?

it just burns the video_ts folder to dvd…but it is freeware and very easy

Originally posted by rdgrimes
[B]Shouldn’t matter what burning program you use. Are you sure you’re using Shrink version 3-beta?

The analysis button will be on the main window next to “backup”. suggest doing that before doing anything else. You also get an analysis option in the back-up dialog. Same process either way, but analysis before doing anything else will give you more accurate size and compression indications. Been a while since I did Dreamcatcher, but I recall compression was in the 50-60% range, maybe slightly more. [/B]

no i have not tried shrink yet…i used dvd xcopy express which you dont have a choice on the compression…it made the copy blocky i will get back to you on the results for dreamcatcher using beta 3 of shrinky dink!:stuck_out_tongue:

also is there links to this software? thanks…

http://www.dvdshrink.info/guides.php

People should be careful when they tell people it looks “exactly the same as the original.” This is obviously untrue if you’ve downsampled at all, regardless of compression % or ABR. It may look the same to you, but I’ll bet a lot of people will be able to tell the difference. No movies will losslessly transcode.
If you stripped for room then thats another story, but a lot of people don’t even know what assets were touched if they used a 1-click.

/MLS

This is obviously untrue if you’ve downsampled at all, regardless of compression

Don’t mean to be rude, but if you don’t use the tool, then how would you know? If you are saying that you have used Shrink and you can SEE the compression, then I stand corrected.

in some degree i agree with MLS

depending on the length of the movie…and the extra;s transcoded movies loose quality fast

big movies i normally split…

I have tried shrink and can see a difference, obviously depending on compression ratio. You weren’t being rude, but I wouldn’t comment on it had I not tried it.

/MLS

thanks RD! it works flawlessly alot nicer than that dreaded dvdxcopy crap…am i bitter for just wasting 100$…no…hehe

i stripped out all features but the main title using reauthor…then did a deep anayisis…took about 2 hours but when it was done i burned it using vso’s dvdcopy and it looks very good (i beleive i ended up with 79%) on my hdtv i can notice some very small areas of color blending/pixalization etc. in some dark scenes, but you have to get right up to the screen to notice…alot better than dvdxcopy xpress. of course i have a 52 inch hdtv plasma so i will notice any flaws alot more pronounced than others on regular tvs. but all in all a great program and best of all its free;)

I agree with MLS and this quote from DVDDemystified just about says it all

“…In the end it’s a matter of individual perception and the level of quality delivered by the playback system…”

I agree that on some DVD’s during normal playback you may not see a visible difference on something that only needs a small reduction

but when people say they have shrank it to 60-70% and they cannot see difference, it may well be true in their eyes but this does not mean the quality has not suffered though :wink:

EEK! CDFreak Giudes for Shrink here.

people

the thread was about putting the dvd to 2 dvd’s by splitting

:bigsmile:

Originally posted by damiandimitri
[B]people

the thread was about putting the dvd to 2 dvd’s by splitting

:bigsmile: [/B]

Exactly and DVDStripper is another option to do the job. Its pretty quick and simple to use also. Check out www.dvdstripper.com