Dont want to reduce Quailty to one DVD.How can I put the Movie on 2 DVD's

I just bought the Matrix Reloaded and I’m thinking that Compressing the movie at 25% with DVD Shrink is going to mess up the Quailty. When I Re-Author it, it is still over 6GB.

This applies to all DVD9 DVD’s.

How can I put the Movie on 2 DVD’s. I dont mind buying softwave to do it, but DVD Shrink was free and I like that. The trial CloneDVD tells me that only #1 disc will be copyed.

I dont know what to do. Can any one help?

hey iamatis,

I backup all my movies with dvd shrink 3 and for me there is not a difference in quality I can tell. Most of the Time i just do the main movie but lately doing full disc and I dont notice a quality.

If you want to put movie on two discs i know dvd x copy will do it. I know version 1.5 will do it. I have dvd x copy platinium right now so I will have to check to see if It puts it on two discs.

Gio

Originally posted by giovanni42104
[B]hey iamatis,

I backup all my movies with dvd shrink 3 and for me there is not a difference in quality I can tell. Most of the Time i just do the main movie but lately doing full disc and I dont notice a quality.

If you want to put movie on two discs i know dvd x copy will do it. I know version 1.5 will do it. I have dvd x copy platinium right now so I will have to check to see if It puts it on two discs.

Gio [/B]

ACK! xcopy platnum…what a load of trash that software is…i personally like just plain xcopy it tells you if the movie will fit on one disk and if it doesnt it will automatically split the movie for you. no loss of quality. platnum requires you to manually select what tracks to put on what disks in expert mode…then in simple mode it just uses xpress which compresses onto one…which with a hdtv you can tell the difference between that and the original.

if i were you iam id just look at just regualr dvdxcopy…seems to do what you want and is about 75$ less than the platnum…god i wish i could find somewhere where i could get the plastic sealers for cd boxes and reseal the damn thing and take it back…its not fair that you cant freakin take back crappy software nowdays thanks to the hackers!:frowning:

Jamos

I never said dvd x copy platinium was good …just not sure if it would split dvds in two lol …that is why I suggested dvd x copy version 1.5 i know it does a good job and splits in two.

but hey some stuff of dvd x copy is good . I dont even have dvd x copy platinium on my drive anymore but dvd x copy express is good if you want it on single dvd too I have to give that to dvd x copy .

I know someone with shrink wrap machine hehehe

But I use dvd shrink and nero express and works fine for me .

How can I put the Movie on 2 DVD’s

DVDfab

Originally posted by giovanni42104
[B]Jamos

I never said dvd x copy platinium was good …just not sure if it would split dvds in two lol …that is why I suggested dvd x copy version 1.5 i know it does a good job and splits in two.

but hey some stuff of dvd x copy is good . I dont even have dvd x copy platinium on my drive anymore but dvd x copy express is good if you want it on single dvd too I have to give that to dvd x copy .

I know someone with shrink wrap machine hehehe

But I use dvd shrink and nero express and works fine for me . [/B]

what about vso’s dvd program??:stuck_out_tongue:

why not the free one i named

then burn the video_ts with burnatonce…also freeware

Originally posted by damiandimitri
[B]why not the free one i named

then burn the video_ts with burnatonce…also freeware [/B]

but i want to waste 100$ hehee…havent tried it ill have to check it out how user friendly is it?

[ot]
one question why do you still have the f firmware on the sony is there problems with the g? i thought the g fixed 4x writing speed with + media?[/ot]

very user friendly…just a few clicks…and it does all what the big boys do

offtopic

i can’t seem to flash it…i need to connect my burner to an other ide port…but i am not in the mood to do it…:slight_smile:

You guys rock. I would have never thought I could get so much help. I have a HDTV so the compression might be noticeable but this is what I’m going to do.

Get a dvd9 disk and try to compress it into one. T3 here I come :slight_smile:

DVD Shrink can do it too.

Just reauthor the movie using the Start/End option to split the movie into 2 chunks. If you want the rest of the stuff then reauthor the disk with everything but the movie, but from what I remember of reloaded the 1st disk only has the movie anyway, the 2nd disk is less that 4.3Gb

Generally i found that if the total title (WS or FULL) is over 5.5 gig. that compression will degrade the quality to cause noticable pixalization in some scenes on my hdtv (generally dark or fast moving scenes). thats around my cutoff point for when to compress or when to split into 2 dvds. i dont mind splitting a good dvd as generally i will need to take a break if its that big anyways…:stuck_out_tongue:
but if its a dvd that i really dont care about the quality of the picture then ill just compress it and live with the occasional pixalization.

I have Matrix Reloaded on one DVD5, compressed in Shrink, and it looks exactly the same as the original. I left out one audio stream is all.

Originally posted by damiandimitri
[B]
offtopic

i can’t seem to flash it…i need to connect my burner to an other ide port…but i am not in the mood to do it…:slight_smile: [/B]

Off Topic:

i found it to save alot of time on my writes going from 2x to 4x cut the write time of course in half its a good thing to do when you get a chance…

Originally posted by rdgrimes
I have Matrix Reloaded on one DVD5, compressed in Shrink, and it looks exactly the same as the original. I left out one audio stream is all.

what was your total size when you removed the audio stream? is DVD5 5 gig?

Originally posted by iamatis
[B]You guys rock. I would have never thought I could get so much help. I have a HDTV so the compression might be noticeable but this is what I’m going to do.

Get a dvd9 disk and try to compress it into one. T3 here I come :slight_smile: [/B]

i compressed t3 on one dvd and noticed no pixalization

Originally posted by Jamos
what was your total size when you removed the audio stream? is DVD5 5 gig?

Not sure I understand the question. the size is always the same, 4.4GB.

Not sure I understand the question. the size is always the same, 4.4GB.

the ones i use are 4.7 gig. my question was what is the total size in gigabytes of the tracks that you burned before you compressed them with shrink…doesnt it tell you?

ie dreamcatcher total size for just the movie and one audio stream was 6.5 gig. compressed to 4.7 gig. it looks blocky, Term3 was 5.5 gig compressed to 4.7 gig. it looked fine.

I also Shrinked Dreamcatcher with no problems. Are you using Shrink V3 and doing deep analysis?
I don’t pay any attention to the total size before compression.

I also Shrinked Dreamcatcher with no problems. Are you using Shrink V3 and doing deep analysis?
I don’t pay any attention to the total size before compression.

for that title i was using the dreaded dvdxcopy xpress…im going to try shrink tonight…thanks…i didnt see a tutorial on deep anyalisis is it a setting on shrink? generally they say dont use over compression 6.

also is burnatonce as good as using vsos dvdcopy program to write the dvd?