Dont split main movie

vbimport

Hi Is it possible to copy the main movie to the hard drive and get it to not split the vob file. This will create one vob file of the whole movie.

[QUOTE=MartinGreen;2044653]Hi Is it possible to copy the main movie to the hard drive and get it to not split the vob file. This will create one vob file of the whole movie.[/QUOTE]

generic - vob passthru

but what’s the point ???

How do I do a generic - vob passthru with DVDfab.

The point is that all my films are stored on my server.
On each computer I have created a tall bar from the film directory.
All I do is click on the film I want to watch and it starts up and plays.
All the VOB files are renamed to the film name.
It does make life nice and easy.

I tried to rename an IFO file but it dosent seem to work.

[QUOTE=MartinGreen;2044668]How do I do a generic - vob passthru with DVDfab.

The point is that all my films are stored on my server.
On each computer I have created a tall bar from the film directory.
All I do is click on the film I want to watch and it starts up and plays.
All the VOB files are renamed to the film name.
It does make life nice and easy.

I tried to rename an IFO file but it dosent seem to work.[/QUOTE]

I make a shortycut to video_ts.ifo which I rename as the film title.i.e. rename the shortcut, don’t rename the actual .ifo file

clicking on that shortcut will lthen aunch the movie, even if the movie folder is on another PC on my network. Works for powerdvd7 & for windvd7 but not for windvd9 as thy have changed the program mechanism so itwindvd9 doesn’t work via XP type file associations. works in vista though.

anyway for vob passthru you select dvd to mobile - generic then configure generic & scroll down the options until you see vob passthru. it is right at the end of the list.

Thanks for that I will try it when I get home.

It does create less files when you make one VOB file and you can rename and shove it in say your action movies folder with all the others.

I was using DVD decrypter and still am for movies it can decode.
Im only using this for files it wont do.

Thanks for the help.

If you use VOB Passthrough often, you can add it as a device using Customize UI, so you don’t have to go through all the clicking in Generic.

Some 3rd party apps won’t read a file with a .VOB suffix, but you can rename these as .MPG and they will. Also, your player no longer needs to be smart enough to read and process the IFO files. I have had problems with files from anamorphic DVDs not playing at the correct aspect ratio with some players.

[QUOTE=signals;2044778]If you use VOB Passthrough often, you can add it as a device using Customize UI, so you don’t have to go through all the clicking in Generic.

Some 3rd party apps won’t read a file with a .VOB suffix, but you can rename these as .MPG and they will. Also, your player no longer needs to be smart enough to read and process the IFO files. I have had problems with files from anamorphic DVDs not playing at the correct aspect ratio with some players.[/QUOTE]

for best compatibility with other software, select only one audio stream for the files you plan to rename as mpg or mpeg. some apps e.g. powerdvd will handle files with multiple audio streams but WMP is easily confused :slight_smile:

I agree. Good advice.