Dont know whats wrong

HEY I NEED A LIL HELP WITH THIS I HAVE AN HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55N ATA DEVICE AND ONLY PLAYS DVD AND BURNS DVD WHEN I TRY TO BURN CD IT SAYS PLEASE INSERT A CD-R AND I HAVE ONE INSIDE BUT IT DOSENT RECONISE IT IM RUNING ON WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE WHEN I INSTALLED WINSDOWS IT SAID SOMETHING ABOUT CD OR DVD TO SELECT WITCH ONE I WANNA TO USE AND THEN I CAN CHANGE IT BACK OR SOMETHING BUT I DONT REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS CAN ANY ONE HELP PLEASE…I CANT BURN NO CD ONLY DVD THANKSS…

What program are you using to burn the CD?

[QUOTE=rvyv0206;2273460]HEY I NEED A LIL HELP WITH THIS I HAVE AN HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55N ATA DEVICE AND ONLY PLAYS DVD AND BURNS DVD WHEN I TRY TO BURN CD IT SAYS PLEASE INSERT A CD-R AND I HAVE ONE INSIDE BUT IT DOSENT RECONISE IT IM RUNING ON WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE WHEN I INSTALLED WINSDOWS IT SAID SOMETHING ABOUT CD OR DVD TO SELECT WITCH ONE I WANNA TO USE AND THEN I CAN CHANGE IT BACK OR SOMETHING BUT I DONT REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS CAN ANY ONE HELP PLEASE…I CANT BURN NO CD ONLY DVD THANKSS…[/QUOTE]

You don’t need to do in caps and it is interpreted as yelling…other will tell you as well…so in the future no caps…this is a volunteer help site so people answer when they can.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

One thing springs to mind - do you currently have any emulation/virtual drive software installed? Such as Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools etc.

If either of these programs are present on your system, then a simple settings change may fix things.

Also - you say it can’t burn CDRs, does it read CD® media at all?

BTW, I have two systems running Vista (Home Premium), and I’ve never been asked after install “which one I want to use”…