Don't get more speed than 2,4x on my PX-708A

In every Nero Version i tried 6.0.0.11 to 6.0.0.19 i can’t choose between several dvd writing speeds. i’m locked to 2,4x without any other choice.

Is there any solution for such a Problem?

Also tried a good media but that isn’t the problem. installed newest firmware but that also doesn’t solve my problem.
Plextools show me a maximum speed at DVD-R+ of 8 but the burning programs only write at 2,4x.

Originally posted by Zoddi
Plextools show me a maximum speed at DVD-R+ of 8 but the burning programs only write at 2,4x.
Where does it say this? Please download CDVDInfo to check which recording speeds the Plextor drive support for your media. It could simply be that your media is unsupported and thus the drive can only use a safe recording speed of 2.4x.

Hi,

I am using TDK 4x +r media with Nero and have had great success burning at 8x. Seven min for a full disk. I do have a problem reading/ripping. It takes 40 or so min to read a disk. Can’t get it to read fast.

Tom

Cape Cod

thx for the help…i found out the problem myself by reading options on the plextools.

first of all powerrec was on and limited me…
second thing was that my shop sold me 2,4x dvd-r’s as 4x!

wouldn’t be a nice day for the shop if i tell them
:bigsmile:

I am not quite sure, but I would rather leave Powerec enabled as it slows down burning speed if media quality is too bad (although, according the the ct’ magazine Powerec is not enabled for Ricoh 4x speed media in firmware 1.01).

Check your media identifier with dvdinfopro and compare it to the Medialist here in the forum or on the Plextor Website!

Greets,
Moonstar

Please excuse my ignorance, but, I did not find plextools software with my 708A.
Was full retail sealed drive.
Are they on the disk but I need to search it further? Or do I download from Plextor?

Thanks!

PLextools does not come with the US version

Why…I dunno

Read the FAQ people. It’s all in there.

so if you leave Powerec enabled and you are burn dvd at 4x, the real speed is always gonna be 2.4x because thats what im getting when i burn fuji dvd+r at 4x. also is it safe to turn off powerec because this drive has built in buffer under run protection, so it wont mess up your cds right?

Nope RenG, that’s not what PoweRec does. The technique measures the write quality during the recording process. When it ‘thinks’ the write quality is decreasing it will lower the speed. Besides that, PoweRec will also check which speed is suitable for the inserted media before starting the recording process. So,

so if you leave Powerec enabled and you are burn dvd at 4x, the real speed is always gonna be 2.4x
is not true. When PoweRec is enabled you can also burn at 4x, provided that the inserted media is supported and can thus actually be written at 4x. When the media is not supported PoweRec will use a safe recording speed of 2.4x and when you think your media will work at 4x you can disable PoweRec to force a higher recording speed. Problem is, is that your media may be written at a speed that’s too high and thus you risk a coaster.

BURN-Proof has nothing to do with this. It’s a technique that pauses the recording process when your computer fails to deliver the drive with enough data.