Don't even think about it!

vbimport

Don’t you dare think about picking up your cell phone to talk if a cops behind you. Now you can be ticketed or fined for doing such a thing. Have you invested in blue tooth headsets or car kits yet so you can continue to take calls while you drive? I like the idea of compact and portable car kits…no installation involved.

What you think of this MOTOROKR Car Kit?

[QUOTE=CDJuggling;2079586]Don’t you dare think about picking up your cell phone to talk if a cops behind you. Now you can be ticketed or fined for doing such a thing.[/QUOTE]

And a good thing that is, too :wink:

That looks kinda nifty. A friend of mine has something similar.

[quote=CDJuggling;2079586]Don’t you dare think about picking up your cell phone to talk if a cops behind you. Now you can be ticketed or fined for doing such a thing. [/quote]Not in Sweden. :bigsmile:

Although talking on your cel while driving is not Illegal here in Canada as a whole yet (there are a few cities that have taken the lead though) … But headphones or earbuds are illegal to wear if you are driving a vehicle of any type, except where sound is high and hearing protection is required. (commercial trucks ie… dumptrucks etc… so if you are considering bluetooth with a headset, you might want to look into whether headsets are illegal in your country/state/province…

I think they should make it illegal cuz ppl drive like real shitheads when they’re on the phone, at least the majority of 'em.:smiley:

Well as of July 1st, in California it will be illegal to use a hand-held device. So the MOTORKR would be a good solution. Or maybe just a blue tooth headset for the car only. Not too big on wearing the headset all day like I have seen other do. Haha! Yea, it retails for $139 on Motorola’s site and comes with free charger. Would you invest in one like this if needed?

[QUOTE=Robert De Niro;2079679]I think they should make it illegal cuz ppl drive like real shitheads when they’re on the phone, at least the majority of 'em.:D[/QUOTE]

:iagree:

It is already an endorseable offence here in the UK. But today whilst driving home I saw two drivers deep in conversation on their mobile telephone. When they get enough points they lose their license for 3-12 months.

[QUOTE=weedougie;2079982]It is already an endorseable offence here in the UK. But today whilst driving home I saw two drivers deep in conversation on their mobile telephone. When they get enough points they lose their license for 3-12 months.[/QUOTE]

:iagree:…I’ve seen 'em do it loads of times. Never seen anyone get pulled over for it though, despite what the law says :wink:

Better yet, if anyone wants to try and win one of these car kits, you can enter the Motorola sweepstakes at motodanica.com. Along with that car kit, you can enter to win a new MOTO Q9c phone or H710 Bluetooth headset. It ends June 30th tho, so if you gonna enter…hurry! :slight_smile:

now why would the cops pull me over here and give me a ticket for talking on my cell phone …when
1- they are always on theirs.
2- they don’t even have their seatbelts on…

[QUOTE=CDJuggling;2082973]Better yet, if anyone wants to try and win one of these car kits, you can enter the Motorola sweepstakes at [B]motodanica.com[/B]. Along with that car kit, you can enter to win a new MOTO Q9c phone or H710 Bluetooth headset. It ends June 30th tho, so if you gonna enter…hurry! :)[/QUOTE]

I’d rather win Danica Patrick:iagree:, I already have a bluetooth headset.:slight_smile:

Haha! Well part of that sweepstakes is winning a vacation package to the 2008 Grand Prix of Sonoma…which means exclusive pit passes to the event and getting to meet Danica Patrick, so go for it you only have 4 days left to enter. :slight_smile:

I have my own Nokia E90 Communicator smartphone and HS-26 wireless Bluetooth headset.

Battery lasts hours (ideal when I travel for lots of time), can be recharged on-the-fly with a 12V cigar-lighter-adapter and so… I have erased the problem from my life :slight_smile:

O sweet Tyrek…sounds like you are all covered with taking hands-free calls in your car! The Motorkr car kit/ h710 headset come with free car charger as well. I agree, battery life is essential for long trips.

[QUOTE=CDJuggling;2083986]Haha! Well part of that sweepstakes is winning a vacation package to the 2008 Grand Prix of Sonoma…which means exclusive pit passes to the event and getting to meet Danica Patrick, so go for it you only have 4 days left to enter. :)[/QUOTE]

Done, thanks for the information:)

[QUOTE=Arachne;2079992]:iagree:…I’ve seen 'em do it loads of times. Never seen anyone get pulled over for it though, despite what the law says ;)[/QUOTE]

That’s the problem.

People know they’ll not get caught 999 times out of a 1000 so the legislation is almost totally ineffective.

There isn’t a day goes by that I don’t see someone using their phone while driving and I’ve seen I don’t know how many near accidents caused by idiots pulling out in front of traffic while on the phone.

I don’t know if they do this or not already but in my mind the powers that be should check peoples mobile phone records as standard if there’s any suspicion that they’ve caused an accident.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Cool! What do you hope to win…the H710 Headset or the MOTORKR Car kit?

Do you have a preference when it comes to using a blue tooth device as far as a speaker phone vs. headset?