Don't circumvent DRM in Canada

vbimport

I just posted the article Don’t circumvent DRM in Canada.

Every government has its own way of dealing with the globe’s copying mentality. Yesterday Canadian government officials showed their new idea, but many believe this legislation won’t pass through…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14731-Dont-circumvent-DRM-in-Canada.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14731-Dont-circumvent-DRM-in-Canada.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Thanks Steve, Jim, the RIAA & the MPAA! We can timeshift & format shift, but we can’t bypass ‘digital locks’. How am I supposed to get my DVDs on my HTPC? Next time (I hope there won’t be), try listening to the people, not American corporations. Jerks.

they won’r be going into your home…Canada just does stuff like this to appease people; then everyone looks the other way…

How ya doin’ eh? :X

If they make it illegal to download / copy will that mean that the tax on recording media will be removed as I thought it was a tax for the benafit of Hollyweird…

@ ron spencer “Canada just does stuff like this to appease people; then everyone looks the other way…” Exactly. You won’t find any cops willing to arrest you for this. @ old3eyes “will that mean that the tax on recording media will be removed” I’m gonna pretend you didn’t just ask that question.

Where’s that guy called Ranmacanada gone? He used to post all the time on here saying how Canada had the best laws for backing up etc. Now this guy is nowhere to be seen. I wonder if Canada has locked him up? :S

This legislation will never pass. It was introduced just before summer recess so that the Tories can say they introduced it. The tidal wave of public opinion that is mounting has the government backpedalling. They will take their summer vacation and let it disappear never to be seen again. The beautiful thing about Minority governments in Canada is that they hate to upset the electorate…its not good for them