Doing my head in please help

Hi, I hope this post doesn’t piss anyone off as I’m sure it’s going over the same topics you’ve all seen before. I’ve done the search but can’t make head nor tail of it.

Right, I’ve got some short videos that are in Windows Media Audio/Video file, and QuickTime Movie, according to what it says if I right click on then and view thier properties.

Basically I want to burn them to dvd so I can watch them on my tv/dvd player, but I can’t work out how.

The programs I have are, VSO Divxtodvd, Nero, NTI dvd and cd maker 7, DVD shrink 3.1, and DVD decryptor.

Please help it’s doing my head in. :sad:

in nero…there’s an app called Nero Vision Express…open it up…go to…“make dvd”…then follow the steps…:slight_smile:

Thanks,

I’ve got nero 6. Nero startsmart, doesn’t seem to help. If I look under the nero ultra edition 6, it doesn’t give that option. the closest is nero express.

Sorry to be a pain, any ideas?

Go here and look for the tools u can use…most are free and I guarantee there’s one ther that’ll do the trick…:slight_smile:

try this:slight_smile: don’t know if this free version does everything but it should…maybe even Diko…it does a good job…just gotta learn it…but it’s free…:slight_smile:

tried looking at the tools I could use. the drop down box didn’t appear to have a wma to dvd???

Also the software on the other links could do it?

Is it not possible to convert wma. videos?

Two of the most creepiest movie formats ever in existence. Both can have extra protection built-in, so that conversion is not possible.

Basically I want to burn them to dvd so I can watch them on my tv/dvd player, but I can’t work out how.

A quick lesson on media formats:

DVD

There are basically two different DVD formats: Data DVD’s and Movie DVD’s.
Data DVD’s contain nothing but data, only to be read in a dvd rom player inside a computer.

Movie DVD’s contain movie files. (VOB, IFO, etc). These files can be played by almost any standalone DVD player and DVD playback software on your computer.

Specifications

All movie, media and sound formats have certain specifications. DVD’s use the MPEG II media encoding schematic for movies and standard PCM for audio. Windows Media and Quicktime use other formats.

Conversion

You need to conver/transform/recode/whatever you may call it your files to the standard DVD Movie schematic. There are several programs that can do this for you. This does not mean that the conversion programs also make DVD menu’s!

Protection

Your media files may contain Digital Rights Management (DRM) and/or some other kind of weird protection that disables you from converting the files. This is usually because you have no right to put these files on other computers or discs.

The programs I have are, VSO Divxtodvd, Nero, NTI dvd and cd maker 7, DVD shrink 3.1, and DVD decryptor.

Please help it’s doing my head in. :sad:

VSO DivxTo DVD is a really old version. Get the latest version at their website.
Nero has their own conversion programs, but they cannot handle all formats.
NTI DVD can just write DVD’s
I don’t know about cd maker 7
DVD Shrink 3.1 can only convert DVD movies to DVD movies
DVD Decryptor does about the same

My advice:

• get rid of all copy protections on your files. (Which may be illegal depending on your license agreement)
  • convert those crappy files to a decent format. Use SUPER or the latest VSO software
  • convert the decent format to DVD Video format
  • write a nice DVD movie