Does your media have USB technology (j/k)

How nice.

DVD+R USB. :stuck_out_tongue:

Do these support hyper transfer?

Rumor has it that HTUP:// ( Hyper Transfer USB Protocol ) is only supported during climactic astrological events in conjunction with certain planetary alignments.

I can find HyperThreading DVDs and HyperTransport DVDs, just not both at the same time… :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Also, dual core DVD media (not the same as double-layer or dual-layer) can be burned by two lasers at the same time!!! :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Those dual core dvds must get pretty hot. Wonder if they can be watercooled?

dual core DVD’s? Nah, i’m more interested in the Quad Layer DVD’s :slight_smile:

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=9701&GroupID=42

doesn’t seem to mention if it supports usb media though, i’m not sure if sony are in the usb 2.0 camp or not. maybe a simple firmware update will feature the correct support :slight_smile:
(hope it wont require the ‘climactic astrological events’ that Wesociety speaks of)

Guys…

After losing a couple of family and friends to cancer over the past 1.5 years, I am now dealing with the news that my friend’s mom - who is like my own mother to me in many ways - is fighting breast cancer.
This post gave me a huge laugh and boost in spirits… funny stuff… especially the Star Trek warp matrix tachyon pulse bit. Best post ever!!!

Thanks guys… you all rock…

Here it comes. I knew it was just a matter of time…everybody knows that DVD-R USB is massively better than +R USB.

No, dvd-ram usb is by far the best. I hope those blu-ray usb disc come out soon. The regular ones I have now are crap :frowning:

I’m gald my discovery of these “USB” blank media caused some amusement, I had a good laugh too. :slight_smile:

Anyway according to the link to the DVD+R stuff posted by Dicer it says “Brand: USB Technology (Infomedia)”. So these guys are using “USB Technology” as a brand name, very funny. It’s a bit like when you go to some flea market or somewhere selling ultra cheap made in China cloths wih “USA” or something similar as the so called brand name hehe.

SATA III please.

BTW, Dell (OEM) SATA II 6-ch. controllers and 3ware hot-swap bays look good at ebay. Hotbays are rather heavy for air shipping over the Pacific.

Unfortunately, no. But the ‘Dust-Offs’ are pretty effective in this. The latest Riteks on sale are ‘Dust Off’ complaint too. Tried those? They get really cool. Cooler than putting them with my round cuts steaks in my freezer :iagree:

USB Technology DVD blanks… so slow even a mediocre USB enclosure won’t coaster them.

Can USB discs be written with Winword 2.0 in a 5.1/4 floppy disc drive? Or do I need Excel? I managed to insert a Titek Yodel A+++ USB disc in the 5.1/4 floppy drive (took me about an hour, for whatever reason the slot is too narrow for the disc so I had to use a hammer) but now I can’t take it out anymore, no matter how hard I press the eject button. :confused: I soaked the drive in soapy water but still no joy. :frowning:

Modern technology su*ks big time! :a

Hey, my Dad bought a pack of 25 Memorex DVD+RW and they have the same code on them.

Nero CD-DVD Speed: Disc Info
Basic Information
 Disc type:       : DVD+RW
 Book Type        : DVD+RW
 Manufacturer:    :  unknown
 MID              : INFODISC A10 (001)
 Write speeds:    : 2.4 X - 4 X
 Blank Capacity   : 4.38 GB
                  : 4482 MB
                  : 4700375040 bytes
Extended Information
 Layers           : 1
 Write strategies : 4 X
 Disc Status      : Empty
Raw Data
ADIP Information (11h)
0000 - 01 01 01 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - ................
0010 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 58 00 00 00 - ............X...
0020 - 74 D4 05 00 00 D5 17 00 E0 D4 05 00 18 EE 90 7C - t..............|
0030 - 78 FB 90 7C FF FF FF FF 71 FB 90 7C 18 6A DD 77 - x..|....q..|.j.w
0040 - 51 6A DD 77 00 00 15 00 02 00 00 80 30 00 00 00 - Qj.w........0...
0050 - 18 00 00 00 30 00 00 00 18 D5 05 00 40 00 01 00 - ....0.......@...

Be a little careful with INFODISCA10 discs. I have some of those (A1Pro 4x DVD+RW - the brand alone should make you cringe). I use those in my DVD recorder for recording TV programs. I had one of them die on me with no warning, one day. The recorder burned it fine, but could not read back about half of the disc. I tried reading that part of it with various DVD writers and DVD-ROM drives to no avail. A full format of the disc did not help. Two days later the disc could not even be recognised by two different DVD writers anymore. I got “please insert disc” when I tried to write to it. I had only written to and erased the disc about 4 times from when it was new.

I wouldn’t trust those discs with any important information if I were you.

Thanks for the info. My Dad backed up some old home movie beta tapes to them. I’ll make sure I copy them over onto my Yudens.